Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The last Capital One rant..

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

The last Capital One rant..

So I am home from the Middle East for the holidays..... And there are REAL telephones here with 800 numbers....And I got to thinking, you know what....All the posts I have made about Capital One and their business plan, and how they can do what they want to.....I said to myself, NO MORE!!! LOL

I call in get the standard shtick about were reviewing accounts all the time and make a long story explained everything and every complaint that I have ever read in a post here.

I got the Supreme Leader Supervisor, and she was like we can lower your APR 1%. I said after five years of putting thousands and thousand of dollars through the thing never late always early, never carry a balance, that's it? Really? Really?

I said close that card, and it didn't even take 5 seconds on her part LMAO.

She said do you have any comments about this situation? I said send someone over to the MyFico boards and read a little and see what kind of revenue you are loosing.

She was yea Ill make sure I make a not of it LMAO...Just a blow off.

In my defense though I did say I understood they are just doing their job, and any of the crappy tone in my voice was in no way directed to them in any shape manner or form.

Said Happy Holidays and ground up that card.....

I felt strangly at ease all day Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: The last Capital One rant..

Congrats, good riddance! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 21
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

From my experience on the phone Cap One doesn't care about keeping us as customers. 

Message 3 of 21
eviLution
Established Contributor

I'm thankful they started me on my credit journey, but I'm gonna have to shred the card after I get a years worth of history.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 4 of 21
greenpang
Contributor

I'm so confused; I must have missed something here.

While you were in the Middle East, you were unable to get in contact with Capital One people who would assist you properly? And now that you are able to contact them, you're closing your account because you did not feel valued as a customer?

Credit Scores: FICOs: TU 721 | Plus FAKOs: EX 726, EQ 739, TU 735 | CK FAKOs: Transrisk 689, Vantage 790
My Wallet: Amex Green (NPSL) | Amex SPG (21.6K) | Citi ThankYou Preferred (10.5K) | Amex BCE (8K) | US Air Premier MC (9.5K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (8.5K) | Chase Freedom (5K) | Barclays Arrival (5K) | Pier 1 (2.5K) | Express (0.8K) | Kohl's (0.5K)
DH's Wallet (AU): Amex PRG (NPSL) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (26.2K) | Amex Delta (22.5K) | Barclays Arrival (12.8K) | CareCredit (8K) | Amex BCE (7.5K) | Chase Freedom (7K) | Sears Citi (6K) | Victoria's Secret (1K)
Message 5 of 21
stormb28
New Contributor

Why would you close the card? Just use it very sparingly. Id keep the TL open, youve had it for who knows how long.
Message 6 of 21
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@greenpang wrote:

I'm so confused; I must have missed something here.

While you were in the Middle East, you were unable to get in contact with Capital One people who would assist you properly? And now that you are able to contact them, you're closing your account because you did not feel valued as a customer?

No I have been home several times over the last few years, and I always call and get the same schtick.

My story is the same as the 90% of everyone else here except for the few exceptions calling the corporate office.

I just didnt go that route because I dont feel one should have to go to the dentist to get your gums scraped to give people your business.

It was just one of those things........you do what you got to do Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 21
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@stormb28 wrote:
Why would you close the card? Just use it very sparingly. Id keep the TL open, youve had it for who knows how long.

It is the principle of the thing LOL, I got a hair up and just did it....feel better too Smiley Very Happy LOL

Message 8 of 21
greenpang
Contributor

Calling about what though? What is the issue you were trying to address for which they always gave you the same shtick?

Credit Scores: FICOs: TU 721 | Plus FAKOs: EX 726, EQ 739, TU 735 | CK FAKOs: Transrisk 689, Vantage 790
My Wallet: Amex Green (NPSL) | Amex SPG (21.6K) | Citi ThankYou Preferred (10.5K) | Amex BCE (8K) | US Air Premier MC (9.5K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (8.5K) | Chase Freedom (5K) | Barclays Arrival (5K) | Pier 1 (2.5K) | Express (0.8K) | Kohl's (0.5K)
DH's Wallet (AU): Amex PRG (NPSL) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (26.2K) | Amex Delta (22.5K) | Barclays Arrival (12.8K) | CareCredit (8K) | Amex BCE (7.5K) | Chase Freedom (7K) | Sears Citi (6K) | Victoria's Secret (1K)
Message 9 of 21
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@greenpang wrote:

Calling about what though? What is the issue you were trying to address for which they always gave you the same shtick?

Can I get a product change.....NO, can I get a CL increase......NO.......can I get changed over to at least a rewards setup......NO, however you will sleep better at night KNOWING that we are constantly reviewing accounts for these type of things....

Do a search on Cap one posts.......its all the same schtick, 

I figured I would follow my own advise, If I dont like what is on the TV, dont complain, it wont do any good.... just change the channel Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.