Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The last Capital One rant..

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: The last Capital One rant..

i would keep it and run a few dollars on it rather then closed it unless they came with AF. Im not going to closed any account if there isnt AF. 

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 11 of 21
stormb28
New Contributor

I just got a auto $500 CLI after 5 mos, CapOne are what they are, are they best? No, but I appreciate them.

Apply elsewhere for another card, or apply for another card with CapOne if your credit allows
Message 12 of 21
eviLution
Established Contributor

@stormb28 wrote:
I just got a auto $500 CLI after 5 mos, CapOne are what they are, are they best? No, but I appreciate them.

Apply elsewhere for another card, or apply for another card with CapOne if your credit allows

Capital One is only good if you can't get credit from other lenders. You should never risk 3 HPs for a Capital One card if you already have enough history to get with better sub-prime lenders.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 13 of 21
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@stormb28 wrote:

I fully understand and respect your point of view, but sometimes, you say that's it.....been bugging me for years.

Besides I figure if a bunch more folks don't do the same thing..."Going along to get along" Maybe they will change there transition starter card business plan and turn these awesome customers into premium customers.

Anyways, this was just some food for thought.

I apologize if I offend anyone's sensibilities, just sharing the experience Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 21
stormb28
New Contributor

Who are the better sub prime lenders? Clearly his credit is damaged in some capacity to even be dealing with Capone.
Message 15 of 21
greenpang
Contributor

Yeah, I know Capital One is stingy and does not have helpful/supportive CSRs. I've read all about it here and also experienced it myself. I just wasn't sure if you were referring to something specific here and was confused about the relationship to your time in the Middle East.

Credit Scores: FICOs: TU 721 | Plus FAKOs: EX 726, EQ 739, TU 735 | CK FAKOs: Transrisk 689, Vantage 790
My Wallet: Amex Green (NPSL) | Amex SPG (21.6K) | Citi ThankYou Preferred (10.5K) | Amex BCE (8K) | US Air Premier MC (9.5K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (8.5K) | Chase Freedom (5K) | Barclays Arrival (5K) | Pier 1 (2.5K) | Express (0.8K) | Kohl's (0.5K)
DH's Wallet (AU): Amex PRG (NPSL) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (26.2K) | Amex Delta (22.5K) | Barclays Arrival (12.8K) | CareCredit (8K) | Amex BCE (7.5K) | Chase Freedom (7K) | Sears Citi (6K) | Victoria's Secret (1K)
Message 16 of 21
anthill927
Established Member

Can I get a product change.....NO, can I get a CL increase......NO.......can I get changed over to at least a rewards setup......NO, however you will sleep better at night KNOWING that we are constantly reviewing accounts for these type of things....

Do a search on Cap one posts.......its all the same schtick, 

I figured I would follow my own advise, If I dont like what is on the TV, dont complain, it wont do any good.... just change the channel :smileyvery-happy:

Good for you sir. I seriously have been thinking the same thing, I have had my cap 1 for over 4 years and its been stuck at 750. I have 6 other cards and just got approved for bce with starting at 2000. I feel like its not worth it, i asked them 2 months ago about cli and product changes and all they said was they were reviewing it periodically. I dont want to sound unappreciative because they were my first card, but its so not worth it anymore.
I want to be in the 700s again!
Message 17 of 21
eviLution
Established Contributor

@stormb28 wrote:
Who are the better sub prime lenders? Clearly his credit is damaged in some capacity to even be dealing with Capone.

Some people choose Capital One to start their journey and some because their credit is damaged, but it don't mean it's gonna be damaged forever. 

p.s. look at his forum sig

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 18 of 21
stormb28
New Contributor

Im mobile, so I cant see his sig. CapOne are good rebuilder cards, a bridge to better cards if you will, I just dont see the point in closing it.
Message 19 of 21
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

CApital one the only one offer me pre approved when my credit is trash when i had no credit at all no active credit card no positive history, bunch of negative trade line. They start me off and now i almost had everything i want it.......I dont want to trash them yet but since they help me out.....i would love to show them some love as paid back...........

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.