Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The less talked about credit card features

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The less talked about credit card features

The AMEX app on my iphone sends a push notification everytime a purchase is ran through it.  None of my other cards do that (that I'm aware of) and I wish they would.

Message 31 of 46
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous, it's convoluted, but you can get your Chase card to do it.

In the web interface, open up the "Things you can do" menu," and choose "Account Alerts" under "Update settings & preferences." Under "Protection and security," check "More than $__________ (USD) is charged to my card for a single transaction," set the dollar amount to 0.00, and put a check next to your device/app.

Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is cool feature with Amex, 90% of the time I get the notification while still in the store! 

With Chase, I've tried a few times to set certain alerts with both CC and Checking. But I never seem to get the notification. 

By mistake i set the daily balance for Savings, so I had to shut that one down. Annoying. So now it seems they don't want to send me any. lol

Message 33 of 46
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@DoogieBall, when your image is approved, don't freak out when your online account displays your card's name as Platinum Mastercard, Visa Platinum, World Mastercard, etc. Because the system won't know how to display your image, it's going to display the Visa or Mastercard product name. Your card will still be a QS1 as it has been.

@Anonymous, my custom card displays as a World Mastercard. It's a Quicksilver.

Yes, my VIsa Sig QS had a customized image, but that was done several years ago

Message 34 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@DoogieBall, when your image is approved, don't freak out when your online account displays your card's name as Platinum Mastercard, Visa Platinum, World Mastercard, etc. Because the system won't know how to display your image, it's going to display the Visa or Mastercard product name. Your card will still be a QS1 as it has been.

@Anonymous, my custom card displays as a World Mastercard. It's a Quicksilver.

Interesting. I dunno then. I tried my SavorOne multiple times and it's no go and I heard the Platinum mastercard being the only one eligible somewhere else. 🤷‍♂️ 

Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The AMEX app on my iphone sends a push notification everytime a purchase is ran through it.  None of my other cards do that (that I'm aware of) and I wish they would.

Discover will do it. 

Go to Profile and settings/Alerts on your iPhone. It's all there. 

Message 36 of 46
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@Anonymous, it's convoluted, but you can get your Chase card to do it.

In the web interface, open up the "Things you can do" menu," and choose "Account Alerts" under "Update settings & preferences." Under "Protection and security," check "More than $__________ (USD) is charged to my card for a single transaction," set the dollar amount to 0.00, and put a check next to your device/app.

+1

Message 37 of 46
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover will do it. 

I no have iPhoneSmiley Sad

https://i.imgur.com/wLVBPDL.jpg?1

Message 38 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover will do it. 

I no have iPhoneSmiley Sad

https://i.imgur.com/wLVBPDL.jpg?1

Android app should do it too. I was just responding to a fellow iPhone user. Smiley Wink

Message 39 of 46
digitek
Established Contributor

I think you can setup purchase alerts for alot of Visa cards through this portal:

https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/featured-technologies/purchase-alerts.html

FNBO lets you choose the design of their NRA card.  I admit I like the personalized card a little more than I probably should =D

As far as perks beyond the numbers I think customer service is not really talked about as much.  With high AF cards like CSR/Amex Plat/Altitude Reserve/Citi Prestige you get dedicated well trained customer service with no wait that know what they are talking about for the most part and can help with a lot of situations.

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.