Did you mean: 

The less talked about credit card features

tag
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Re: The less talked about credit card features

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The AMEX app on my iphone sends a push notification everytime a purchase is ran through it.  None of my other cards do that (that I'm aware of) and I wish they would.

Discover will do it. 

Go to Profile and settings/Alerts on your iPhone. It's all there. 

I get instant notifications from Amex, Citibank, Discover, Cap One, Chase, and US Bank.    For my FNBO Ducks Unlimited and Uber Visa cards they are both registered for Visa Purchase Alerts so even though the issuers don't provide instant alerts I still get them directly from 

Visa. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 41 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MakingProgress wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The AMEX app on my iphone sends a push notification everytime a purchase is ran through it.  None of my other cards do that (that I'm aware of) and I wish they would.

Discover will do it. 

I get instant notifications from Amex, Citibank, Discover, Cap One, Chase, and US Bank.    For my FNBO Ducks Unlimited and Uber Visa cards they are both registered for Visa Purchase Alerts so even though the issuers don't provide instant alerts I still get them directly from 

Visa. 

All of my cards that aren't Synchrony cards have notifications that are instant or close to it. Even SSFCU finally added transaction alerts although I haven't gotten around to testing it yet.

Message 42 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@MakingProgress wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover will do it. 

Visa. 

All of my cards that aren't Synchrony cards have notifications that are instant or close to it. Even SSFCU finally added transaction alerts although I haven't gotten around to testing it yet.

What’s the deal with Synchrony? I just tried to add them to Visa purchase alerts and I received an error saying the card is not illegible because the card issuer offers a similar service. Lol. The problem is they don’t, at least not for the card I tried to register.

Message 43 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MakingProgress wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover will do it. 

Visa. 

What’s the deal with Synchrony? I just tried to add them to Visa purchase alerts and I received an error saying the card is not illegible because the card issuer offers a similar service. Lol. The problem is they don’t, at least not for the card I tried to register.

Synchrony offers purchase alerts but not instant ones for most of their cards except PayPal. Log in to the site, hit the chat button, when the virtual assistant pops up ask to set up transaction alerts and it should pop the link. 

Message 44 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Ok I went and looked and then I realized why I’m not getting alerts. I put $0 (which I always put so I can get alerts for every single transactions). It turns out for the Ebates VISA there is a $50 minimum for alerts.

Message 45 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. Ok I went and looked and then I realized why I’m not getting alerts. I put $0 (which I always put so I can get alerts for every single transactions). It turns out for the Ebates VISA there is a $50 minimum for alerts.

Yeah that's the part that annoys me with Sync cards but at least my Amazon and B&H have them. PayPal they don't work, they're disabled and according to Sync it's per PayPal's request. 

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.