Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The offical Barclaycard Ring Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The offical Barclaycard Ring Thread

@bichonmom wrote:

Just read the whole thread. It seems like this would be a nice card to have as a backup.

How have people done who have other Barclay's cards? I read a couple of posts -- it seems like at least one person was declined because they had purchased a computer w/0% on Apple. I bought my iPad w/0% in November.

Also, wondering about how long you should have an existing Barclay's card before apping/being approved for this one. I believe I had read previously (not having to do w/the Ring) that Barclay's required at least 6 mos w/current Barclay's card before being approved for a new Barclay's card. That would also be consistent w/the talk on here about not getting ANY new CCs for at least 6 mos after getting Barclays to prevent AA from them.

Any thoughts? Any one get the Ring w/ a Barclay's under 6 mos old?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

I am the one with the computer purchase on their own card for 0%, but additionally they really hated that I had chase as an account.  go figure.  I have 2 cards with them already one very establshed over a year, with owing 0 and perfect payment history, in fact they just sent me a letter pleading to do a balance transfer for like 2% for 12 months.  The other one,  I am letting sit with minimimum payment to take advantage of the 0%  for 12 months, other than that all my other credit cards are mostly at 0 balance as reported on my credit history.  Anway, I just look at my credit unions which are awesome..go USAA and go ALLIANT (they rock)

Message 101 of 197
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am the one with the computer purchase on their own card for 0%, but additionally they really hated that I had chase as an account.  go figure.  I have 2 cards with them already one very establshed over a year, with owing 0 and perfect payment history, in fact they just sent me a letter pleading to do a balance transfer for like 2% for 12 months.  The other one,  I am letting sit with minimimum payment to take advantage of the 0%  for 12 months, other than that all my other credit cards are mostly at 0 balance as reported on my credit history.  Anway, I just look at my credit unions which are awesome..go USAA and go ALLIANT (they rock)

Ironic, because I just got a Chase a couple of weeks ago! It's not reporting on my CR yet, but Barclay's softs, so if they don't like it, there's nothing I can do. I know there must be people who have BOTH Chase and Barclay's.

I also still owe a few hundred on my iPad because I wanted to take advantage of the 0% and hope that it would help me to establish a positive history wtih them. But from your experience, it doesn't look like that's the case. Though, I am paying more than the minimum each month.

I'd really love to hear from anyone else who's been approved or denied for the Ring. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 102 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bichonmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ironic, because I just got a Chase a couple of weeks ago! It's not reporting on my CR yet, but Barclay's softs, so if they don't like it, there's nothing I can do. I know there must be people who have BOTH Chase and Barclay's.

I also still owe a few hundred on my iPad because I wanted to take advantage of the 0% and hope that it would help me to establish a positive history wtih them. But from your experience, it doesn't look like that's the case. Though, I am paying more than the minimum each month.

I'd really love to hear from anyone else who's been approved or denied for the Ring. Smiley Happy

Same here, I did the apple visa for an iMac at 0% and then opened the Chase for 2 iPads for 0% - Betty - Barclays, hated this...Why Chase over and over, even though I kept explaining.  Nothing else was a problem.

Message 103 of 197
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here, I did the apple visa for an iMac at 0% and then opened the Chase for 2 iPads for 0% - Betty - Barclays, hated this...Why Chase over and over, even though I kept explaining.  Nothing else was a problem.

I don't know when this was, but I'd call and recon again. It seems like you might have just gotten a rep who was having a bad day. There are people who have reconed more than once. If it were me, I'd really want to know *why* they're denying me for having a Chase card, when everything else is fine. Unless it's a recent card, which they don't like, I just don't get why it would be a problem. You have nothing to lose by calling, if you think it's worth the call.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 104 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bichonmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know when this was, but I'd call and recon again. It seems like you might have just gotten a rep who was having a bad day. There are people who have reconed more than once. If it were me, I'd really want to know *why* they're denying me for having a Chase card, when everything else is fine. Unless it's a recent card, which they don't like, I just don't get why it would be a problem. You have nothing to lose by calling, if you think it's worth the call.

Somewhere there is my additional comments on this problem.  I got irritated, called another bank I have established business with and got 2 credit cards put down to 8% APR.  Although, I agree with you I could have recon'd again, decided I don't need the ring after all.

Message 105 of 197
SanityKills
New Contributor

No issues with my Chase account.

CreditKarma TU: 680 | Credit.com EX: 668 | Equifax EQ: 671 | Credit Sesame Simulated FICO: 736
Citi Platinum Select: ($6900), Chase Freedom ($3500), Amex BCE ($5000), Amex CLEAR ($6000), Barclaycard Ring ($2800), Barclay Rewards MC ($2500), CareCredit ($4100), Kohls ($1000) | UTL: 3.14%
Message 106 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone explain why everyone is on Barclay's tip? They seem awfully finicky, without a lot of benefits to back it up.just saying.....
Message 107 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused.  Does Barclays have a problem with Chase?

Message 108 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Can someone explain why everyone is on Barclay's tip? They seem awfully finicky, without a lot of benefits to back it up.just saying.....

I think the primary reason people are interested in Ring is the very low APR.

Message 109 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Remember Gollum?  The Lord of The Rings? 

Quote: Gollum: We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. 

Message 110 of 197
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.