cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The one thing I can't stand about chase!

tag
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Re: The one thing I can't stand about chase!

Yeah, I was told be Chase that any time I see new credit there will be a HP! I actually talked to a Citi rep and manager this past weekend and they will do a CLI request and if it can be dome with a SP they'll go through with it but if it needs a "credit review" they will ask you if you'd like for them to continue on or cancel out the application. I wish Chase would at least attempt to give us somethin from a SP sometimes! Oh well, nature of the beast I suppose! Like others have said, we can't have it all!
AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 11 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

In my opinion, I would very much rather lenders be more generous for a CLI request, even if it means they have to do a HP.

For example several people were able to get their limits raised 4-10x with BofA and other FIA backed products. I would do it in a heartbeat even if it meant triple pulls.

On the sidenote.... Need to get myself a FIA backed card. Smiley Very Happy
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 13 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

Haha don't worry not gonna apply for anything, yet! Might get a mortgage so I can't afford to screw around lol.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 24
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Haha don't worry not gonna apply for anything, yet! Might get a mortgage so I can't afford to screw around lol.

Good. The last thing Lexie, Journey, Focused, or I would like to do is drop you into this : 

Whenever you think of apping...remember that picture Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 16 of 24
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@bribro wrote:

You are seeking new credit so by definition you are supposed to incur an HP. That being said, you might have better luck asking for a SP CLI right after you have a Chase HP done (e.g. for another application); I've had success with this before.

+1

+2. I've written about this extensively in another post a month or two ago.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-gives-BOGUS-CLI-info/m-p/2187475/highlight/true#M...

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 17 of 24
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

+2. I've written about this extensively in another post a month or two ago.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-gives-BOGUS-CLI-info/m-p/2187475/highlight/true#M...

Very salient points here.

If Chase didn't have an open policy stipulating a HP for a CLI, one can only speculate on the vast amount of daily CLI requests and the countless people filing the, "oh, but I didn't know" diputes.  Even Amex's liberal SP CLI is limited to once every 6 months after the initial 60 day period; but, unlike Chase who opts for the HP deterrent, Amex prefers the FR threat.

In my view, a HP is worth the price, if I really wanted or needed a CLI (for use or Utility).  It seems to me the price for the HP is only an issue when the purpose if purely for disengenuous reasons, e.g. for kicks, from boredom, or to see a higher number on "welcome" screen.

Message 18 of 24
bribro
Valued Contributor

Another thing to consider is the fact that Chase allows you to freely move credit limits around between your cards. So instead of incurring an HP for a CLI, consider applying for a new card and getting additional credit that way. You get another sign-up bonus too.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 19 of 24
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@forceedge99 wrote:
They make it impossible to request for a CLI without doing a hard pull! I've called CS and the EO and got nowhere. It really stinks man! Smiley Sad currently chase is my lowest limit!

You're going to be disappointed with a lot of card companies then.  Chase isn't unique on this.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.