Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The original Amex Charge Card. :)

tag
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

The original Amex Charge Card. :)

So yesterday, Amex posted a photo on facebook of their first paper charge card, introduced in 1958. The plastic version arrived 8 months later. Who wants Amex to have their original design back?

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Re: The original Amex Charge Card. :)

Add me as a user and then backdate.

Message 2 of 8
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Could you image the CS you would get it your member since date was 1958?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 3 of 8
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Perfect history since 1958 with AMEX, jesus I think the exotic dancers at the strip club would tip me, just for that.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 4 of 8
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Does anybody know currently what is person with the member since date on a current card. 

I heard of somebody for 50 years ?  I wonder if that is true that ?

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 5 of 8
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

Perfect history since 1958 with AMEX, jesus I think the exotic dancers at the strip club would tip me, just for that.

hahahahahhaha.....

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 6 of 8
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if you needed THAT card to be replaced, would they be able to? Or simply upgrade you to their "green" card which I think is the same?

As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 7 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I stole that account number and just purchased billions of dollars worth of merchandise from bestbuy.com
XD
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.