cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "other" lounges on Amex Platinum

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Senior Contributor

The "other" lounges on Amex Platinum

Flying out of MSP and visiting an Escape lounge for the first time. The complimentary food is quite good and the place is only about 15%-25% occupied despite a very central location in a major terminal.

Why is it quiet? Partly the time of day. Also, Delta lounges draw away some eligible travelers. We're flying Delta but opted for here to save a $29 guest fee.

But it also doesn't take Priority Pass, having left the program two years ago. It's one of the numerous "other" lounges where Platinum customers get in with 2 free guests.

In 3 years as a Platinum customer, this is the first Escape I've visited. The value is obviously hugely YMMV but the minor networks (Plaza Premium, International Amex, Escape, Airspace) can sometimes be forgotten when the discussion focuses on Centurion/Delta/PP.

What other "minor network" lounges are nice?
Most spend: CSR, CFU, BBP
Rewards/AAoA ballast: CF, Discover, Costco, ED, Arrival
Perks: Schwab Platinum, IHG49, Hyatt75, Brilliant, Delta Platinum
Potential closures/downgrades: Savor, BCP, Double Cash
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Established Contributor

Re: The "other" lounges on Amex Platinum

The escape lounge is nice in MSP, but if I am on Delta I prefer the main Skyclub. The Airspace at Cleveland is ok, but it hasn't been crowded the couple times I have been in which makes it nice for me. 

Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | Bank of America Premium Rewards 21k | US Bank Cash+ 23k | Chase Amazon Prime 25.3k | Lowes 35k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Discover It 49.8k | Citi Thank You Premier 50K | Chase Marriott 50k | Amex EDP 56k | Bank of America BBR 78.9k
Message 2 of 6
Valued Contributor

I didnt realize there were other lounges besides priority pass, centurion, and Delta available to Platinum card holders.

How do I see list of other lounges?
More cards than I can mention in a signature.
Message 3 of 6
Senior Contributor

https://global.americanexpress.com/lounge-access/the-platinum-card-idc-en?locale=en-US
Most spend: CSR, CFU, BBP
Rewards/AAoA ballast: CF, Discover, Costco, ED, Arrival
Perks: Schwab Platinum, IHG49, Hyatt75, Brilliant, Delta Platinum
Potential closures/downgrades: Savor, BCP, Double Cash
Message 4 of 6
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

I’m flying into/out of MSP in a couple of weeks. I may check it out. Thanks for the info! 

AMEX Platinum, Gold, Reserve & SPG | PenFed PR VS | NFCU FS VS | Discover IT | Citibank DC WEMC l Capital One Venture VS | Nordstrom VS l Banana Republic LUXE V I Lowes I Macys I Wayfair I
Message 5 of 6
Valued Contributor

AA closed their lounge at my home port BDL, but I always went the the escape lounge anyway because the food and drink was better.

Personal Cards: Amex Gold, & Plat | Amex Delta Res | Amex Hilton | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR | Amex Plat
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.