Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The time has come... who do I call?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The time has come... who do I call?

The time has come to cancel my Credit One Platinum Visa card and I am EXCITED! Question is, who do I call?

https://www.creditonebank.com/customer-service

I've never cancelled a credit card before and there are so many different phone numbers and addresses that I am not sure who to contact.

Do I write a letter? Do I email them? Call them?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: The time has come... who do I call?

Just call the number on the back of your card.

Expect an argument, and they'll stand on their heads to try to keep you happy.

Be polite, be patient, be firm.  You can do this.

Yay you!

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 9
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

^^^^^^^^+100
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The time has come to cancel my Credit One Platinum Visa card and I am EXCITED! Question is, who do I call?

https://www.creditonebank.com/customer-service

I've never cancelled a credit card before and there are so many different phone numbers and addresses that I am not sure who to contact.

Do I write a letter? Do I email them? Call them?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

SM might work too if you hate them that much lol

Message 4 of 9
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to you! Hope this brings more rewarding cards to you in the future. I would imagine the most appropriate number to call would be the one on the back of your card. Good luck!
Message 5 of 9
TruBlu
Contributor

Who do you call?.. GHOSTBUSTERS!

Sorry for the throwback plug Smiley Wink But get that Credit One ghost out of here! (By calling th number on the back of the card)
Message 6 of 9
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@TruBlu wrote:
Who do you call?.. GHOSTBUSTERS!

Sorry for the throwback plug Smiley Wink But get that Credit One ghost out of here! (By calling th number on the back of the card)

I was just going to say that! LOL

But yeah just call the number on the back of your card.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd recommend to ask them to send you some type of verification letter that your account is closed as well.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason this post completely disappeared for a while and I couldn't find it! 

Odd... update here!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Did-I-do-this-right/m-p/4722989#M1374169

Thank you everyone for your help Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.