cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They dont call it Crapital one for nothing!

tag
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

They dont call it Crapital one for nothing!

Ugh! I applied April 24th for a secured card 49/200 .... Funds were taken from my checking account the next day, today is the 13th and still no card!! I received an email a week ago saying my card was shipped! I got so excited! And still no card ... Really? More than 20 days to get a credit card? (it took 6 days with bank of america). Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow :-/.

Has anyone experienced this situation or I am the only unlucky one???

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Re: They dont call it Crapital one for nothing!

Patience.  Not all banks are the same, of course.  Some may perform additional due diligence to ensure the security of each account.  Capital One promotes Zero Fraud tolerance.  Just be sure to notify them before you travel outside of your state if you plan to use your Capital One credit card.

Message 2 of 19
cgreer72
Regular Contributor

Re: They don't call it Crapital one for nothing!

It took a little over two weeks to get mine. I was never asked for an email address. I received a letter saying I would receive the card within 7-10 days. Definitely took longer than that. I would call and check on it.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: They don't call it Crapital one for nothing!

i regretibly got an hsbc card.... luckily i never went down the crap path. good luck with that one.

Message 4 of 19
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

Patience. Thats what I tell myself everytime I check the mailbox... This is my second credit card. Never had one before the BofA one. Very excited to start building credit!

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got mine after like 3 weeks ...but believe me they a ZERO FRAUD TOLERANCE ..I was making too many payments in a month (first) and they kept holding my payments even after they were withdrawn of my checking account.. It's a hassle but we start somewhere ... Apart from that so far so good!
Message 6 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got mine after like 3 weeks ...but believe me they a ZERO FRAUD TOLERANCE ..I was making too many payments in a month (first) and they kept holding my payments even after they were withdrawn of my checking account.. It's a hassle but we start somewhere ... Apart from that so far so good!

Don't pay over the phone i went through that BS with them too. Go to a Cap 1 bank and pay balance in cash. Next day funds available.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Patience is virtue. It took me a while to get mine... but I didn't think they were **bleep**ty for taking a while on actually sending it/me receving it. What is the rush? The card will be dated for the month you approved/payed the deposit. I got mine in the mail in January and was dated on my CR since Dec.

Message 8 of 19
CreditusMaximus
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would they care if you make too many payments?  

Message 9 of 19
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Capital One and other banks care because they do not know your payment habits as the poster stated, it was like their first or first few payments.  Banks experienced fraud activity where fraudsters get your account but you have 2 bucks left, so they make a bogus large payment or multiple payments to your account but in between the time the funds Post and made available and the time it takes to clear the bogus bank (which it fails)... they've gone on a shopping spree.

So multiple or large payments out of the norm usually raise red flags in the beginning.  Over time, their system will get used to your large or multiple payment pattern -- even your spending habits and will no longer hold your funds for complete clearance.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.