cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They dont call it Crapital one for nothing!

tag
CreditusMaximus
New Contributor

Re: They dont call it Crapital one for nothing!

Thanks for the explanation.

Message 11 of 19
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Nooooo problem  Smiley Happy  It can be an inconvenience when you REALLY need your money, but it can also be a good thing to protect your account.

Just as a side note:  If you REALLY need your money, contact the Senior Account Managers and request the funds to be released.  That means they will give you a temporary advance until your funds actually posts, so Cap-1 is not all that bad -- just need a little more training in Customer Service.

Message 12 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@JayRizzo wrote:

Nooooo problem  Smiley Happy  It can be an inconvenience when you REALLY need your money, but it can also be a good thing to protect your account.

Just as a side note:  If you REALLY need your money, contact the Senior Account Managers and request the funds to be released.  That means they will give you a temporary advance until your funds actually posts, so Cap-1 is not all that bad -- just need a little more training in Customer Service.

Yea that didnt work out at all for me. They wanted the talk to M&T and CONFIRM the payment cleared before they let up. 5 days. BS.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup same thing fo me 3 times to be exact!!
Message 14 of 19
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

I didn't get the card today either, instead I got an email saying that I should send my "full deposit" so they could send me the card. Uhmm didnt they sent me an email last week confirming they had already shipped my card? Anyway, I was upset and I called them, turns out the last two emails from them were a"glitch" in the system. Come on really? .... And that my card was sent on May 10th that I should get it no later than May 18th.

Does Capital One report immediately to the CRAs?? I know bank of america reported even before I got the actual card.

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Message 15 of 19
tbolt2
Contributor

@Sophiamarie wrote:
I didn't get the card today either, instead I got an email saying that I should send my "full deposit" so they could send me the card. Uhmm didnt they sent me an email last week confirming they had already shipped my card? Anyway, I was upset and I called them, turns out the last two emails from them were a"glitch" in the system. Come on really? .... And that my card was sent on May 10th that I should get it no later than May 18th.

Does Capital One report immediately to the CRAs?? I know bank of america reported even before I got the actual card.

Nope..... takes approximately 60 days, so don't panic when you don't see it for a while Smiley Happy  Mine appeared on EQ the day after my second statement....

As others mentioned, they have zero fraud tolerance - I've experienced the various hold on funds for both my unsecured card and the savings account I have with them. The hold on the CC can be a little annoying, the hold on the savings deposit not at all - it gives me another excuse not to even think about a withdrawal.... trying to save money.

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or Cap1 sent it out the next day and the USPS lost it.

Message 17 of 19
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

Got my card yesterday! it took almost 3 weeks but happy that is here, this is my second tradeline.

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Message 18 of 19
JonStur
Established Contributor

Got my card last week of Jan. Due date was 2/20, it reported on my credit 2/23...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.