cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They raised all the fees on the Barclay Ring Card. Substitute?

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: They raised all the fees on the Barclay Ring Card. Substitute?

For real, and don't fib.

I'm in with NFCU due to my Grandfathers service. 

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 31 of 36
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

For real, and don't fib.

I'm in with NFCU due to my Grandfathers service. 

What do you mean fib?

Message 32 of 36
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Barclays is crap. I would look at the NFCU cards, most do not have  BT or CA fee.

You can get in on a grandparent or even if you lived (household) with someone in the services. I got in on my Grandfather (army). Be creative.

Dont you think if I was able to join I would of joined already lol. My grand parents werent in the Military. My father was in the air force for a while and he told me he didnt have a career there. I do know that hes able to go to the Vet Hospitals cause he goes all the time. Im pretty sure I called NFCU years ago and they said hes not eligable. 

Call again.

If your father was in the Air Force, YOU are eligible.

For real? I hope your right. The only thing is I cant apply until 2021. I do know for a fact the I called USAA years ago and couldnt get in. I figured I prob called the NFCU also. So is USAA more strict?

USAA is more limited.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 33 of 36
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Barclays is crap. I would look at the NFCU cards, most do not have  BT or CA fee.

You can get in on a grandparent or even if you lived (household) with someone in the services. I got in on my Grandfather (army). Be creative.

Dont you think if I was able to join I would of joined already lol. My grand parents werent in the Military. My father was in the air force for a while and he told me he didnt have a career there. I do know that hes able to go to the Vet Hospitals cause he goes all the time. Im pretty sure I called NFCU years ago and they said hes not eligable. 

Call again.

For real? I hope your right. The only thing is I cant apply until 2021. I do know for a fact the I called USAA years ago and couldnt get in. I figured I prob called the NFCU also. So is USAA more strict?

USAA is more limited.

Great to know South Jaimaca. That makes sense cause they wouldnt allow me to get in. Wow I guess it looks like I can actually get a NFCU card. So freakin amped. You've been so much help my friend, I really appreciate it. 

Message 34 of 36
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Call again.

USAA is more limited.

Great to know South Jaimaca. That makes sense cause they wouldnt allow me to get in. Wow I guess it looks like I can actually get a NFCU card. So freakin amped. You've been so much help my friend, I really appreciate it. 

If your father got an honorable discharge from the Air Force he's eligible to join USAA, and once he has joined you become eligible to join.

If you father passed away without becoming a member you at least used to be able to join as what they referred to as a limited member, but limited members were/are not eligible to apply for USAA credit cards.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 35 of 36
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Call again.

USAA is more limited.

If your father got an honorable discharge from the Air Force he's eligible to join USAA, and once he has joined you become eligible to join.

If you father passed away without becoming a member you at least used to be able to join as what they referred to as a limited member, but limited members were/are not eligible to apply for USAA credit cards.

Thanks!

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.