Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They wouldn't even reconsider :(

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

They wouldn't even reconsider :(

I called on behalf of DW to cancel her Credit One CC. It was long overdue with their 25% interest and $8.25 monthly fees. I tried to reason and be fair with their retention department. I offered the opportunity to keep the card -IF- they agreed to cancel all future $8.25 fees and to refund 100% of the past 4 years' worth of fees, totalling just under $400. They wouldn't even entertain the thought and they promptly cancelled it. So much for being Mr. Diplomatic.

ETA....and no, this card won't see a fiery death like mine did.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: They wouldn't even reconsider :(

Off with its head!

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 2 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

(Elmer Fudd voice) Be weary weary quiet................I'M HUNTING PLASTIC!!!! KILL THE PLASTIC!!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 7
boomhower
Valued Contributor

No one is going to refund four years of fees already paid, no one.  That was just a waste of time.  Move on to bigger and better things!

Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

No one is going to refund four years of fees already paid, no one.  That was just a waste of time.  Move on to bigger and better things!

I think that was just a sarcastic shot at them before the axe Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Well it was very considerate of you to at least offer them the chance to retain a long time good paying customer.    I doubt they will call you back to recon but keep an eye on your mailbox, they'll probably send you a prequalified offer soon........Cat Tongue

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Well it was very considerate of you to at least offer them the chance to retain a long time good paying customer.    I doubt they will call you back to recon but keep an eye on your mailbox, they'll probably send you a prequalified offer soon........Cat Tongue

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.