Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin file, NO more!!!

tag
Charmlessman
Contributor

Thin file, NO more!!!

After waiting forever to get my FAKO this morning I received an email from CreditInform saying my FAKO based on my EXPERIAN is 722. I am not gettting excited over the number but the fact that I finally see a number, whatever that isas opposed to before where all i got was the message that i had a thin file. 

I only have one card (Cap1 Secured) but its now close to 6 months old and that was my last app. Soon I will start getting ready for my first mini app spree. I hope I get AMEX

Thank you all on this board for showing a new comer to this country how to start building credit.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Re: Thin file, NO more!!!

Congrats. Do you use your capital one secured every month? I'm suppose to get
Mine soon.
Samsung mobile
Message 2 of 8
Charmlessman
Contributor

Hi,

Yes, I use it a lot since I am trying to stop using my mexican credit cards. Mostly internet purchases. I pay in full every month. I usually wait a week or two after my statement gets mailed and then pay in fuel so it reports with usage. 

Message 3 of 8
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Yes, I use it a lot since I am trying to stop using my mexican credit cards. Mostly internet purchases. I pay in full every month. I usually wait a week or two after my statement gets mailed and then pay in fuel so it reports with usage.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome! Do you use it right after the due date or you wait a couple of days after the due date to use again. Sorry but this will also be my first card that's why I ask?
Samsung mobile
Message 4 of 8
Charmlessman
Contributor

Ask as many times as you need, I have been there and the guys on this board have been great answering all my doubts.

By due date you mean the last day to pay the balance? if so then I use it on that same day 

If you mean due date as the last day for the billing cycle then I try not to do it but I will use it any day since all i have to do is check my statement and pay in full what is shown in there. 

Message 5 of 8
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Thank you that's great too know.
Samsung mobile
Message 6 of 8
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! This is a big accomplishment .

Building and/or rebuilding credit is fun and VERY rewarding.
Message 7 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations - you are on your way to building a good foundation.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.