cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think my Best Buy card is still active if i haven't used it in awhile?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think my Best Buy card is still active if i haven't used it in awhile?

I was thinking tonight, I had that I paid off and never closed the account so I pulled out my credit reports and see -

HSBC Bank (Best Buy issuer?) 

Date opened 2/1/02

Account Status - Open

Mo. Payment $0.00

Payment Status - Current

High Balance - $4,161.00

Limit - $6,200.00

Terms - Revolving

The last date that a payment was reported was June of '07.  Do you think I can just stop into a store and tell them that I need a new card? I don't think I'll be able to find mine. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Think my Best Buy card is still active if i haven't used it in awhile?

D u mean u lost or misplaced ur card? In that case definitely u shud ask for new card..

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't used it in about 5 years and can't find the card.  I can picture it but can't picture where it is. I didn't close the account and didn't include it in my bankruptcy (no balance then) so it should be active. I think I'll stop in there tomorrow. 

Message 3 of 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking tonight, I had that I paid off and never closed the account so I pulled out my credit reports and see -

HSBC Bank (Best Buy issuer?) 

Date opened 2/1/02

Account Status - Open

Mo. Payment $0.00

Payment Status - Current

High Balance - $4,161.00

Limit - $6,200.00

Terms - Revolving

The last date that a payment was reported was June of '07.  Do you think I can just stop into a store and tell them that I need a new card? I don't think I'll be able to find mine. 

onlytithing moved to cap one where yours didn't so be interesting 

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 7
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

Same thing happened to me, Had it since '06 to buy a TV, stopped reporting since like '10 since I hadn't used it. Account was active though. I actually never ever received a card in the mail in '06 from HSBC! You can request a card online on the BB website if you remember your log in info though, which is what I did. They get it to you fairly quickly as well.

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Struck out today. I stopped into Best Buy to see about getting a replacement card. The rep gave me a # to call so i did that. The person I spoke with said that if the accounted was inactive for 24-36 months, they closed it and deleted all of the info. He went on to say that I could reapply if I want.  That's ok, I'm all set.

But what I might do is check for some other cards that I haven't used in awhile and see if they are still active. Probably not but it's worth a try.

Message 6 of 7
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

As fas as i know if you don't use BestBuy store care for 12 months they close it. Not sure the same goes for BBMC.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.