cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think twice before you apply for Citi credit card.

tag
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Re: Think twice before you apply for Citi credit card.

i  mean i dont understand some times.I had 700 5% utl i did have like 4 inq for the past 6 month before i applied back then

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 41 of 85
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:

Sure,I apreciate that and believe me i am glad we have a helthy dialog even wen we dont agree .The important thing is we all try to help one another

Fico 720

UTL 1%

18 inq

AAOA 5/12

3 new accounts on the cr report

1 late 30d 4 yrs ago

All this was back in oct when i applied for 15 cards in total incl autoloan

Got approved for all exept citi wich i applied first

You noted in your other thread about Citi that they denied you for too many inquiries. And now you disclosed how many inquries you have, which is 18. That's the reason why they are denying you. You need to stop applying until your inquiries come down.

Don't take Citi's denial personally. You just seem high risk to them with 18 inquiries.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 42 of 85
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

lol, the problem is quite obviously the fact that Citi hates seeing first premier cards on someone's cr. Citi sees first premier and auto denies... it has been well documented here. Close the FP account and reapply. I'm just messing around.....but think about it Smiley Wink.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 43 of 85
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

i study this lenders that u mention closely for years now and i know for a fact they are a joke.

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
Message 44 of 85
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Gents, 

While I tend to strongly disagree with the overall tone of overemotional statements in this thread, I have to admit that Citicorp (at least based on my personal experience) is a relatively strange company with lots of complicated internal rules, multi-level bureaucracy and absolute intransparency of many activities that potentially can lead you to the dead end forever.

Unfortunately I'm speaking not only about my recent experience with Citi credit cards in the US, but also based on a pretty long banking history with them here, as well as in Russia, where Citibank is also actively presented. I am still a customer of both "entities" from 2006 or 2007, but at times I've been so much pis*ed off by some things with them, that I was really close to shutting ALL my accounts with them in both countries down. 

Just as example (maybe not 100% relevant here, but still showing some of their processes) - I had a problem with reporting to CRAs in Russia. I have contacted local CRAs (basically, some of them are subsidiaries of international EQ, EX + some local ones) and was told that the issue is on Citibank's side. Not digging too deep into the nature of the problem, it took them almost 4 months (!!!!) to fix the problem and send me a short letter of apology. 4 months!!!!! For something probably fixed by a couple of mouse clicks...

Now I'm getting a little bit different issue here in the US - it's already the second time, when my application for Citi card ends up with nothing - I mean, really _nothing_. I'm neither declined, nor approved, nobody contacts me; when I try to check the status of application it still says that it is pending. As I mentioned before, I'm perfectly fine with a decline - I have relatively short AAoA, so this wouldn't have surprised me much. 

And on the background of this - every time I get back from a long trip to Europe, I have to literally clean paper clutter in my mailbox with 15-20 (I'm not joking!!!) letters with pre-approvals from Citi in my and my wife's names... **bleep**, guys? :-))))) What am I doing wrong? :-))))

This is just the example of envelopes/leaflets coming EVERY week for January - those I haven't yet thrown to the trash bin Smiley Happy

How should I react to this? :-)))

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 45 of 85
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

but that wouldnt bee wise since is one of my old trade lines but yes i hear that alot lately also capitalone is a bad sign for serious lenders IMO

Message 46 of 85
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:

i study this lenders that u mention closely for years now and i know for a fact they are a joke.

You studied them for years, yet you got denied 10 times in a row? Poor studying skills I think.

18 inquires, and the reason for denial is "too many inquires" yet you still don't have a clue? Common man, just move on.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 47 of 85
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

read my previous post

Message 48 of 85
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

I'll chime in on this as well. Citi (like all banks) has some flaws. To say that people should hold it against a bank is just nuts. Lately you and a few others on the boards have this "entitlement" mentality about credit. If someone can't get in with a bank it doesn't mean you bash the bank. For example, you practically claim that people shouldn't deal with: 

1) Capital One 

2) US Bank 

3) Barclays 

4) Citi 

The only reason you continue to bash these banks is because they have taken AA against you or denied you. It is perfectly okay to say you don't like them but to have a personal vendetta against them so others believe they are the worst is just plain wrong. You have issues with your Credit Report...nothing to be ashamed about as millions of people have issues. You claim you got in with PenFed...does that mean those that get denied should try and influence others that PenFed is the most horrendous bank...of course not. 

You missed at least one!  From Oct:

I personally applied at USAA and gotta tell youth are very poor costumer service and they have no idea what they are doing.I would not recommend any one applying with this lender.

So, any time something negative happens, it's important to warn everyone to stay away.  (Note "I would not recommend any one.." so no claiming that you are just discussing things to help....)

Message 49 of 85
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

maybe so just not to me

Message 50 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.