Did you mean: 

Thinking about Lowes card for 5% off

tag
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Thinking about Lowes card for 5% off

@Creditaddict wrote:

I would apply!

either in store or at home, just carry that little backdoor number with you... as soon as it pops up approved call and ask them to increase it to $25k.

you think that sounds crazy but I have seen it time and time again and you have what appears to be solid scores and solid limits with other banks... GE is an easy one to instant increase and Lowes and CareCredit with GE seem to be the most huge increase cards at time of approval!

I should probably add that I have a CareCredit account (limit is $7800) that I have used once and paid off before 0% period was over.  I logged onto the site again and half of the application was blocked out by my employers security software

Message 11 of 26
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I pulled the trigger on Lowes, gave me a 5 day message.  I called the 1-800-444-1408 but got sent to automated hell and COULD NOT get it to give me a human.  Anyone have a number for Lowe's human beings?

Message 12 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

I pulled the trigger on Lowes, gave me a 5 day message.  I called the 1-800-444-1408 but got sent to automated hell and COULD NOT get it to give me a human.  Anyone have a number for Lowe's human beings?

Any of the backdoor GE numbers should work, Walmart, Lowes, Business... they will transfer you if you end up in business... if you end up with CSR, ask for manual review.... if a CSR says not possible they missed the memo.... hang up and get someone that is a little clearer on company policy now but hopefully you can avoid that all together... just make sure who they are!

Message 13 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Discover is doing a 5% cash back bonus for the 2nd quarter... I would do discover IT before I did GE backed lowes...

I do like my business Lowes card though,  5% discount + 2% rewards

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 14 of 26
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Discover is doing a 5% cash back bonus for the 2nd quarter... I would do discover IT before I did GE backed lowes...

I have the it card, it is only good for the first $1,500 but I will be spending over $10k.

Message 15 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@sccredit wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

I have the it card, it is only good for the first $1,500 but I will be spending over $10k.

Ahh I see..  if you have a business, look at the Amex Lowes.. otherwise you're probably smart to get the GE Lowes

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 26
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Approved....>$500 limit.  Nope, not a typo.  I'm on hold for an underwriter now.

Message 17 of 26
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lowe's will approve a much higher cl than Discover lol
Pahahaahaha @ "automated hell"
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 18 of 26
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Rep came back at $1,000, being sent to Underwriting now

Message 19 of 26
sccredit
Valued Contributor

"Account does not qualify for an increase"   Too bad, looks like Home Depot it is

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.