Thinking about Wally CC just for FICO

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Thinking about Wally CC just for FICO

@CEOriginal wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

I'm wondering how many of you guys have the standard WalMart CC just to see their TU FICO score?

I shop at WalMart veeerrrryyyy little, mostly because it's so far that the prices don't make up for the inconvenience, but also because it's the Place Where Happiness Dies.

So, let's say that I sacrifice a HP for it. Is it worth it if I SD the card upon opening it? 

If you're never going to use it in your case it's not worth the HP.

Go for the cards that better you ...

Rewards,miles, cash back etc etc 

At this point, for my spending (and still-recovering credit), I'm not looking for another rewards CC. I'm going to garden for at least a year. I was thinking of the Wally CC as my last app in awhile, just to keep tabs on my TU score. Especially since it seems that it's my weakest report. 

In that case then as long as you use it every 3-4 months to keep it open and have a reason for it ....it's ok

But just be aware the HP will reduce a spot for furture app'sSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 18
CEOriginal
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

I'm wondering how many of you guys have the standard WalMart CC just to see their TU FICO score?

I shop at WalMart veeerrrryyyy little, mostly because it's so far that the prices don't make up for the inconvenience, but also because it's the Place Where Happiness Dies.

So, let's say that I sacrifice a HP for it. Is it worth it if I SD the card upon opening it? 

At this point, for my spending (and still-recovering credit), I'm not looking for another rewards CC. I'm going to garden for at least a year. I was thinking of the Wally CC as my last app in awhile, just to keep tabs on my TU score. Especially since it seems that it's my weakest report. 

In that case then as long as you use it every 3-4 months to keep it open and have a reason for it ....it's ok

Ahhh I know! Funny how two years ago I barely made minimum payments, now I'm mulling over a CC app due to its effect on future apps haha. 

I'll have to do some more considering. No more rash credit decisions Smiley Sad

Scores as of 7/28/13: EX.683   TU.688   EQ.???
Message 12 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@CEOriginal wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

Ahhh I know! Funny how two years ago I barely made minimum payments, now I'm mulling over a CC app due to its effect on future apps haha. 

That's what I'm talking about !!!!!!!!!

Garden philosophy applies think it through, plan accordingly and them bum rush Lol

Smart move BRAVO

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 13 of 18
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I've had my Wallycard for about 2 months. I did just get it for the Fico and as a rebuilder starter GE card.

I've only been inside a Walmart twice in my life, so one day when I was reasonably relaxed I decided to give it a shot and break in the card. It's a little out of my way for regular shopping, but I found the coffee I buy that's usually about $13, was $8-something, and I was very surprised to find their black label steaks are really good, not a bargain, but waaay better than anything at the supermarkets near me. So, now I go to Walmart every week or three for coffee and steak.
Message 14 of 18
CEOriginal
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

Garden philosophy applies think it through, plan accordingly and them bum rush Lol

Smart move BRAVO

Thanks for the support. It's nice for a recovering addict to be lured away from that one cold beer.................

Message 15 of 18
CEOriginal
Contributor

@Countingpennies wrote:
I've had my Wallycard for about 2 months. I did just get it for the Fico and as a rebuilder starter GE card.

I've only been inside a Walmart twice in my life, so one day when I was reasonably relaxed I decided to give it a shot and break in the card. It's a little out of my way for regular shopping, but I found the coffee I buy that's usually about $13, was $8-something, and I was very surprised to find their black label steaks are really good, not a bargain, but waaay better than anything at the supermarkets near me. So, now I go to Walmart every week or three for coffee and steak.

But then again, good coffee in the morning and a medium-cooked steak at night makes for a good day. LOL

Message 16 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@CEOriginal wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

Smart move BRAVO

Thanks for the support. It's nice for a recovering addict to be lured away from that one cold beer.................

ROFLOL 

I know what you mean ...then sometimes you have to indulge in that ice cold beer...

You have done a wonderful job thus far just think it over throughlySmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 17 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I got it for the score. I have used it 3-4 times including using it to buy 3 iPhone 5's . Tbh, I'd rather gnaw my arm off then go into WalMart but it is worth to me.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.