cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about apping for WF Autograph but preselection tool lists no offers available. Is that bad?

tag
NathanKnope

Thinking about apping for WF Autograph but preselection tool lists no offers available. Is that bad?

I am thinking about applying for the Wells Fargo Autograph but when I use the tool on Wells Fargo's website to check for pre-qual offers, I get the "No offers currently available, However, you may still qualify for a Wells Fargo Credit Card. We encourage you to visit Wells Fargo Credit Cards to learn more about our range of credit card options and to apply for a credit card that meets your needs" message. 

Should I take this as a bad sign I won't get approved if I submit an application? Credit scores hovering between 790-800 but the two things I know I have going against me is I have no relationship with Wells Fargo and I have 2 new accounts opened about six months ago. Regarldess, is the pre-selection tool showing no pre-selections a bad sign? Funny enough in recents weeks I have received mailers from Wells Fargo but I believe it was for the ActiveCash and not the Autograph. 

Edit: Just remembered my credit is currently frozen with all 3 bureaus as well. Would this result in that aforementioned message?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Thinking about apping for WF Autograph but preselection tool lists no offers available. Is that

@NathanKnope wrote:

I am thinking about applying for the Wells Fargo Autograph but when I use the tool on Wells Fargo's website to check for pre-qual offers, I get the "No offers currently available, However, you may still qualify for a Wells Fargo Credit Card. We encourage you to visit Wells Fargo Credit Cards to learn more about our range of credit card options and to apply for a credit card that meets your needs" message. 

Should I take this as a bad sign I won't get approved if I submit an application? Credit scores hovering between 790-800 but the two things I know I have going against me is I have no relationship with Wells Fargo and I have 2 new accounts opened about six months ago. Regarldess, is the pre-selection tool showing no pre-selections a bad sign? Funny enough in recents weeks I have received mailers from Wells Fargo but I believe it was for the ActiveCash and not the Autograph. 

Edit: Just remembered my credit is currently frozen with all 3 bureaus as well. Would this result in that aforementioned message?

Umm, yeah. You are asking them to perform a soft pull with frozen CRAs, they cannot pull so...🤷‍♀️

Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Thinking about apping for WF Autograph but preselection tool lists no offers available. Is that

@NathanKnope wrote:

Yes it would Smiley Happy

But even if you unfreeze your reports and try again, I wouldn't take the absence of a preapproval as a bad sign.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 4
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

@NathanKnope wrote:

As Remedios already mentioned, I think the last item is the real issue right now.

FWIW, I pretty much NEVER worry about whether I'm pre-approved when I apply for credit cards.  (I have a credit score in the low 800s and have a 25+ year credit history.)  I bring that up due to when/how I applied for the Wells Fargo Propel in April 2021 shortly before it was closed to new applicants:

*No previous relationship with Wells Fargo

*To my knowledge, no pre-approval offer for the Propel

*Applied/was approved for a credit card less than two weeks earlier (Capital One SavorOne), also had gotten additional cards less than 6 months earlier (Chase Freedom Flex) and less than 12 months earlier (Chase Freedom Unlimited)

When I applied for the Propel, I was automatically approved and received a credit line similar in size to many of my other cards.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.