Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third PRE-APPROVED CARD

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Third PRE-APPROVED CARD

Today was the first pre-approval from a company that I actually currently do business with. TD Bank has been pretty good to me for the few years I've had them.The question is does it make since to accept their pre-approval if my goal is to get nothing but prime cards? Their offer is for a cash back card and 6 months no interest. What do you guys think,thumbs up or thumbs down?

BTW, my chatty baby sister called today to Chase and get this.........SHE TALKED THEM INTO ANOTHER CREDIT INCREASEMan Mad

She had her Amazon card for only two months and has managed to get two increases.Started at $1500 then had it increased to $3K last week, and today talked a rep into another double increase....$6K.  Both were hard pulls but she is ok with those successful inquiries.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: Third PRE-APPROVED CARD

Update!!

Baby sis plans to call and have her BP Visa limit doubled by the end of this week. You know what this tells me? Credit approval as well as credit increases has more to do with your ability to put forth a convincing arguement for a point of view than anything connected to credit scores.

Goal 750 Across

Message 2 of 12
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

stick to your plan. Happy for your sister congrats on her cli.

Message 3 of 12
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@wallyworld123 wrote:

stick to your plan. Happy for your sister congrats on her cli.

Thanks. Think I will just hang in there and wait till march.

Goal 750 Across

Message 4 of 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Is she hot? Lol
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 5 of 12
distantarray
Established Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:
Is she hot? Lol

lol or atleast does she sound cute as hell or sexy with a real 1900 voice? lol

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 6 of 12
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Let me have her number. I need some baby sitter for me and.................my credit increase. Lol

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@MountainHiker wrote:

Update!!

Baby sis plans to call and have her BP Visa limit doubled by the end of this week. You know what this tells me? Credit approval as well as credit increases has more to do with your ability to put forth a convincing arguement for a point of view than anything connected to credit scores.

You're probably right; having spent much time as a CSR in other industries, it was just human nature for me to respond better to folks who treated me better or were simply more interesting to talk to.  

There's a limit to this; however, many times it's just a matter of getting the CSR to ask the right questions or to go slightly further than they usually would for your own request.  Also just like everyone else CSR's have off days too (and FWIW it's incredibly hard to talk to customers day in and day out in a phone queue) and sometimes you either just get lucky or not based on who's phone the ACD system drops you onto.

        
Message 8 of 12
TheConductor
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

Update!!

You're probably right; having spent much time as a CSR in other industries, it was just human nature for me to respond better to folks who treated me better or were simply more interesting to talk to.  

There's a limit to this; however, many times it's just a matter of getting the CSR to ask the right questions or to go slightly further than they usually would for your own request.  Also just like everyone else CSR's have off days too (and FWIW it's incredibly hard to talk to customers day in and day out in a phone queue) and sometimes you either just get lucky or not based on who's phone the ACD system drops you onto.

I have worked in enough call-center oriented companies (including my current one) to know this is absolutely true.  The best thing you can do is be organized, polite, and well-reasoned when you call a CSR. Some of it is still luck of the draw, but the more you treat them like an intelligent human being deserving of your respect instead of like the grunge at the bottom of your recycling bin, the more likely they will be to engage with you and help you.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 9 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

AGREEED!

As a Leasing Agent, I get Cust Serv.

Don't expect me to go out of my way if you are rude, unorganized, and condescending. 

With Chase, I went from denial... to approval after two recons.... lol Got my Chase Freedom with a $5,000 limit after two tries.  I'd say that's successful too haha :-P. 

Congrats!! and good luck :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.