Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This finally might be my month CLI

tag
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

This finally might be my month CLI

Well after a long road back due to a job loss, my debt balloned to 14k. Been back to work for a few months and with a tax return have paid off 10k of that. I have been wanting a amex cli for my blue cash ever since I got in 9/11 but even with a back date to 1998, its been a no every time. I suspect util has got me plus lower score (mid 600) I cannot wait to see my reports in the next few days at the 10k takes effect. I am hoping this is the month I finally see an amex cli. (I made 10 payments to them in the last two months alone) have a $92 balance with them. Wish me luck

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: This finally might be my month CLI

Wishing you luck and very happy things are looking up for you

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 16
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

I might add that during that very trying time I managed to never miss a payment. I have trade lines as old as 2000 with no missed payments. So I am hoping the lower util and score will put me over the hump

Message 3 of 16
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

THANK YOU !!!

Message 4 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck on the CLI request Smiley Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 16
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

thank you. Question, does Amex pull Experian when it does a CLI inquiry?

Message 6 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

good luck for the CLI and keep the good history Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 16
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

estimating I should be able to pay the remaining 4k off in 5 months and have one card left to keep under 9% util

Message 8 of 16
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Amex will use the last SP they did on your EX report, so you might want to wait until after they soft your EX and see the reduced utility.  Otherwise, it might still be a decline and then you'd have to wait another 90 days to request another CLI.  Smiley Sad

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 9 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I believe they use the latest SP but not 100% sure ...someone might confirm
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.