Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is fun! - EDITED and UPDATED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is fun! - EDITED and UPDATED

So over the last 12 months I have had quite a lot of fun seeing how high I can get my limits and what cards I can get. Before that, I didn't really put too much thought into my credit cards. Over the past 12 months I have added $105,000 in limits. Some of which came from CLI's on cards that I already had but most came from the addition of the 7 new cards that I have.

There are still some changes that I want to make, cancel a few cards and I think add 1 more. That is going to have to wait though, no new apps for a little while for me. I will still go after some cli's, hoping to add another $15k or so in increases over the next couple of months. I am not the most patient person in the world, in fact, I am not patoent at all, but I have to be since I decided to sell my house and buy another one. Here's to hoping that I can keep my impulses in check for a little while.

UPDATE:

Looks like there is a chance now that I will not be able to garden quite yet, will see what happens on Tuesday and might put off listing my house for a few more months. So Saturday of Father's Day weekend I ended up having to have my car towed to the Maserati Dealership, my car had been acting funny and ended up leaving me stranded at the store. The dealership has gone through my car part by part for 2 weeks now, replaced the body control module, some other computer, the battery, replaced the software in the car and a few other parts and still cannot figure out what is causing my car to act up. Tuesday morning an engineer from Maserati will be at the dealership to look at the car. There is a good possibility that I will have to purchase a new car. It's kind of bitter sweet, I love the car but almost don't trust the car being able to be fixed.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: This is fun!

Slow down, you move too fast You got to make the morning last Just kicking down the cobblestones Looking for fun and feelin’ groovy Ba da da da da da da, feelin’ groovy Hello, lamppost, what’cha knowin’? I’ve come to watch your flowers growin’ Ain’t’cha got no rhymes for me? Doot-in doo-doo, feelin’ groovy Ba da da da da da da, feelin’ groovy I got no deeds to do No promises to keep I’m dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep Let the morning time drop all its petals on me Life, I love you All is groovy

P.S. - this will only make since when you get to the garden and truly know what it means to garden. See you at harvest time!  

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok cause yeah that makes no sense right now.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you an AU on some of those QS cards?  Or do you have 4?  

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Those are all mine. I have been trying to combine them but without luck so far. I am not an AU on anyone's cards.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Those are all mine. I have been trying to combine them but without luck so far. I am not an AU on anyone's cards.

I have to ask why in the world did you apply for 4 Quicksilvers???

Message 6 of 14
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Seriously! You didnt think that plan out all the way.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 7 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Getting multiple Capital One cards at once isn't all that unusual here... there are actually quite a few people who did the exact same.  Smiley Wink

The idea is to harvest the bonuses (Capital One will give the bonus multiple times, at least for now) and when the time is right to combine into one card with a large credit line. 

When it works it's quite cool, but occasionally there are unforeseen problems with combining (they are still rolling it out) and folks will be temporarily 'stuck' with multiple cards of the same type.  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For the spend bonuses. I did it over a few years and worked out quite well. In fact, it was only 2 of them that I applied for as Quicksilver, the other two were pc's to quicksilver.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To the person I am replying to, why don't you not make those comments. I know exactly what I am doing and have been quite successful at doing it. Why don't you think before you post.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.