Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is getting too hard :(

tag
ptilda
Established Contributor

Re: This is getting too hard :(

Why don't you start by looking at a SP CLI with existing cards? Call them & tell them you think you're ready... see what they say. Or go into your CU with a copy of your report and ask them if they'd be able to advise you on what limit you'd be able to get before they do a HP.

Just some thoughts.

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 31 of 86
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Irisa wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I'm just tired of baby limits. I want higher limits than $500. I want at least close to $1,000 or around that.

Are you confident you would get a limit you'd be happy with if you apply today?

+1

Exactly.  If the OP feels that her profile will guarantee anything over the current CLs, then sure... go for it.  Try your luck.  At the end of the day, this is your credit and you are accountable for your decisions, no one on these forums can manage this for you or guarantee you the outcome.  However, I feel that a lot of folks are trying to be very supportive so you can stay on track and focus on your commitment while you're trying to rationalize and justify your actions, even if poorly guided.

Message 32 of 86
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

http://i43.tinypic.com/200fodx.jpg

This makes me happy just to look at them!

Message 33 of 86
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:
What cards do you currently have? Just curious --- I would hope you have a Barclays, Walmart or Discover so you could get your score? If not maybe might consider one of those in March?

Never thought of Barclays, I don't shop at Walmart and Discover denied me in July. I wanted to do both Chase Freedom and try Discover IT again the same day.

Message 34 of 86
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:
What cards do you currently have? Just curious --- I would hope you have a Barclays, Walmart or Discover so you could get your score? If not maybe might consider one of those in March?

Never thought of Barclays, I don't shop at Walmart and Discover denied me in July. I wanted to do both Chase Freedom and try Discover IT again the same day.

What reason(s) was given for Discover denial?

Message 35 of 86
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Well when I applied for Discover in July I had only about 4 months with the secured card and went on a spree without actually knowing how bad it was. They denied me because of "limited history" at the time. 

Message 36 of 86
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

really?

Message 37 of 86
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

really?

Really what?

Message 38 of 86
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Well when I applied for Discover in July I had only about 4 months with the secured card and went on a spree without actually knowing how bad it was. They denied me because of "limited history" at the time. 

Since I dont know your story (not clear to me), what are your CS and inquiries as of now? And do you have baddies? (If so, what are they?) And what is your Credit Util Rate on your cards?

And if the current limits you have on your CC are 500, chances are you need to focus on your current lines and garden for about a year to give the accounts time to grow. 4 months is not enough time as most creditors want to see a year of stable credit on atleast 2 different lines. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 39 of 86
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

So, as you still have less than1 full yr with the secured card, and a bunch of inquiries from your summer spree.  These factors are not recipe for apping success at this time.  March 2014 seems for more realistic.

Message 40 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.