cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is kind of strange...Cap One is still reporting my account as open on credit reports?

tag
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Re: This is kind of strange...Cap One is still reporting my account as open on credit reports?

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned fako, I did have an EX Fico from a CC app denial, but that was early Feb., BoA, I think. I've also heard that BoA may use enhanced scores. It was very close to the fakos I keep track of. I've come to the conclusion that the only scores that really matter are the ones a particular creditor pulls, enhances, proprietarizes (is that a word?) etc., on a given day. As long as all the fakos are trending in the upward direction, I'm happy.

I wish I had thought of trying to reactivate my old Cap1 before getting two new ones (Plat. and Rewards.) Maybe I should give it a try.

My apologies to the OP for hijacking a little.
Message 11 of 13
Dreamwalker
New Contributor

Re: This is kind of strange...Cap One is still reporting my account as open on credit reports?

And...it's closed. Smiley Sad

Walmart Store Card: $600 & Amazon Store Card: $1200
Amazon.com Visa: $500 & Chase Freedom: $3000
US Bank REI Visa Signature: $5500
Discover It: $100

TU-654 [03/18/2014]
Message 12 of 13
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I had two cards now owned by CapOne, HSBC Sears, and BestBuy reward zone mastercard, both closed by me zero baddies on them, yet still reporting open. Been closed for a  year, Just recently saw the Sears card CL go to 0. Of course earlier this week I got my Welcome to CapOne packet for the card that is now officially closed. Best Buy card still sits open with a $59 balance, the AF was removed on the account but my Credit Report was never updated, I can still login to both accounts both report closed.  Don't want to wake the sleeping giant, afraid some over zellous credit analsys remove the full TL's instead of just marking the cards closed. They can sit there and age untill they clean up someday...

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.