cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Those who bank with BOA - are you getting CLD as well?

tag
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

Those who bank with BOA - are you getting CLD as well?

I keep reading about all the decreases from BOA.  Don't know if I'm just lucky (so far) or if my CLD is coming soon. 

I have two CCs from BOA - one with a $20K limit and one with a $18,100 limit.  I have multiple checking and savings accounts through them... is it possible that I'm being treated differently because of these accounts???

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Those who bank with BOA - are you getting CLD as well?

Doubtful. You're probably just lucky so far. DW and I have three BOA cards with decent CLs and have received one CLD so far.

There have been other reports where BOA has actual mentioned checking account balance as a reason for a CLD.

BOA needs to trim something in the neighborhood of $500 billion in CLs, and they won't get there if they bypass all the CCs of their banking customers ...

Message 2 of 10
nicemann
Established Contributor

Well I've got 5 credit cards with BoA

Americard - $15,000 CL - No decrease

Accel Rewards AMEX - $5,000 CL

Regular AMEX - $1,000 CL

Rewards Visa - $3,500 CL

GMAC Mastercard - Was $1,000 they cut it in half two months ago, now $500

Now sure why they did anything with my Mastercard but I'm not going to call and yell over $500.  I am just glad they haven't touched my Americard.  I use that card for my everyday purchases (PIF every Friday).  The other ones just have a monthly charge going to them to keep them active, ie. Netflix, CCT, SW, etc.  None of my cards have balances on them.  

Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself.

BTW I do have a checking, savings, and CD with BoA.

Message Edited by nicemann on 06-06-2009 01:12 PM
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There have been other reports where BOA has actual mentioned checking account balance as a reason for a CLD.

That's just crazy.Any excuse works i guess...

Message 4 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Last week they CLD my BOA MC from $7100 to $1200 and FIA Amex Card from $7100 to $2100.
Message 5 of 10
Imua
Frequent Contributor

i've had my BofA visa for a year now... started with CL of $7400 and it's still the same, no CLD.

no banking accts with BofA

Message 6 of 10
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

For some CCCs, the lending department and banking are completely different. (WaMu was that way, for example) But with BofA this is not the case. Everytime I've talked to a CSR I've always been given the impression that banking with them makes a difference. I asked for a CLI at activation for my BofA Amex and the CSR specifically said "I see you've been a good banking customer with us, we appreciate your business.", and then raised my CL 150%.

Banking with them will not give you immunity from CLD, but I do believe it helps.

Message 7 of 10
nicemann
Established Contributor

@KingAdrock wrote:

For some CCCs, the lending department and banking are completely different. (WaMu was that way, for example) But with BofA this is not the case. Everytime I've talked to a CSR I've always been given the impression that banking with them makes a difference. I asked for a CLI at activation for my BofA Amex and the CSR specifically said "I see you've been a good banking customer with us, we appreciate your business.", and then raised my CL 150%.

Banking with them will not give you immunity from CLD, but I do believe it helps.

I agree 100%.  I started with a partical secured card $300 back in 200.  Now I have Over 25K CLs with them.  So they decreased one card by $500.  Still wouldn't trade them for any other bank out there.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just call them and ask when you periodic CC review is. That's when you will get CLD.
Message 9 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

My parents bank with BofA, have their first mortgage, HELOC, checking, savings and each have a cc.  They have over 50% equity in the house, excellent credit, utilization of less than 1% and PIF monthly.  My mom's card was cut from around $23000 to $10,500.  They said she didn't need it since she doesn't use much of it.  They have no other outstanding debts so their DTI is good also.  I think they are just trying to cut back so that their books look better.  There really is no rhyme or reason to how they are making these decisions.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.