Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on closing chase united ?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thoughts on closing chase united ?!

I already got my bonus points , I got a CSP now and found out UR are transferable into mileage plus , that being said is there any real benefit in keeping it Open paying the AF other than for free baggage !? I really don't fly often enough ,. Not even every year ! Any thoughts ?! the account wouldn't really Impact my aaoa since it's only 5 or 6 mo old .  Should I wait for the AF to hit and call to see if they waive it one more time or what ?

Edit : If closed I would be rolling the cl to my freedom !  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thoughts on closing chase united ?!

I would wait and see if they can wave it.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I already got my bonus points , I got a CSP now and found out UR are transferable into mileage plus , that being said is there any real benefit in keeping it Open paying the AF other than for free baggage !? I really don't fly often enough ,. Not even every year ! Any thoughts ?! the account wouldn't really Impact my aaoa since it's only 5 or 6 mo old .  Should I wait for the AF to hit and call to see if they waive it one more time or what ?

I don't know if you have this info. already but in order to move th entire limit from the United after closure, the account must be piad in full and must not have been used in a month.  Otherwise, they will move the limit and leave $500 on the United card during closing.  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Smiley Very Happy useful information ! 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if you have this info. already but in order to move th entire limit from the United after closure, the account must be piad in full and must not have been used in a month.  Otherwise, they will move the limit and leave $500 on the United card during closing.  

Message 4 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

the account wouldn't really Impact my aaoa since it's only 5 or 6 mo old . 

See:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=117125&jump=true

Message 5 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

I wouldn't close it until AF hits. See if there is a rentention offer that is worthwhile or if AF can be waived. If not then it seems like a good idea to close it while shifting CL over to freedom, because you are not using the benefits enough to offset the AF. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.