cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on reward programs after Chase UR?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Thoughts on reward programs after Chase UR?

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Seems to me that your current portfolio of cards meets your needs (and your income).  Not sure why you'd want to expand it, especially into another points currency.  Beware of becoming a mile wide and an inch deep, and paying annual fees for the privilege.

I would agree, be careful of spreading too thin. With your income, your spending is going to be fairly limited (which isn't a bad thing), and the more ecosystems you get involved in, the more your overall rewards will be diluted. It will make it harder to reach any one goal, especially a travel one. I'd suggest choosing a program and sticking with it, in this case UR.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thoughts on reward programs after Chase UR?

I'm almost fully cashed out of UR at the moment, redeemeed close to 180k for travel redemptions. Thus, I wanted to get started with a good boost with another program, while putting the Chase trifecta on a back burner for now. (I still really like the CSP, but might downgrade that and switch over to the Prime Visa for international travel once the AF rolls around. I make referrals occasionally, so it's AF is usually not a big deal).

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.