Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwing the wife out...

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Throwing the wife out...

...of the garden.   Smiley Wink

She's a SUB chaser, but I'm more interested in long term zero percent APR on purchases this time.

Current best offers for long term zero percent on purchases with a SUB are???

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Re: Throwing the wife out...

Chase Ink Business Cash - $500 sub /$3,000 spend in 3 months (12 mth 0% on purchases)

Since this provides 5% on Utilities, Internet, Phone and Office Supplies, most utilities will allow you to pay in advance.....so, you can pay for 1yr of power, water, and phone in advance to cover your SUB in the first month, then divide that out into monthly payments over the course of that year and have it clear by the time the promo falls off. (or pay it off the next month if you're stable enough to do so)

You end up with the $500 SUB and the sum of 5% cashback on 12 months of utilities.......only caveat, this doesn't report to your personal credit score but it's a solid 5% spender. Also 2% on a couple other categories just for kicks.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 2 of 17
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Taurus22 wrote:

Chase Ink Business Cash - $500 sub /$3,000 spend in 3 months (12 mth 0% on purchases)

Since this provides 5% on Utilities, Internet, Phone and Office Supplies, most utilities will allow you to pay in advance.....so, you can pay for 1yr of power, water, and phone in advance to cover your SUB in the first month, then divide that out into monthly payments over the course of that year and have it clear by the time the promo falls off. (or pay it off the next month if you're stable enough to do so)

You end up with the $500 SUB and the sum of 5% cashback on 12 months of utilities.......only caveat, this doesn't report to your personal credit score but it's a solid 5% spender. Also 2% on a couple other categories just for kicks.

It's not all utilities. Only phone, cable and internet. 

Message 3 of 17
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

"It's not all utilities. Only phone, cable and internet"

Ah, I read incorrectly. Sorry for the mis-information OP.  However, you can still manage the same thing with internet, cable and phone.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 4 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey Taco, while shes out could she bring me a Meatball SUB?😎

Message 5 of 17
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I'm assuming that the Ink Cash card is subject to the 5/24 rule...  and she's ummm.  a bit beyond that.  

Message 6 of 17
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

TD Cash Credit Card

$150 Cash Back when you spend $500 within first 90 days

3% on dining, 2% on groceries, 1% other

No caps, no limits, no AF, no expiration 

0% Intro APR for 15 billing cycles (for purchases and BT)

Message 7 of 17
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

BBVA Compass Clearpoints Credit Card

$100 Cash Back when you spend $1500 within first 90 days

3x and 2x categories, no AF

0% Intro APR for 13 months (for purchases and BT)

Message 8 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

BoA MLB Mastercard,  $200 SUB for $1K spend, 0%/15 month with 3% fee BT if made within 60 days.

Wells Fargo Propel is similar but 0%/12 months

Citi Rewards+ is 15,000 TYP/$1K spend with the same 0%/15 month/3% fee BT figures as the BoA card

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 17
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Thanks, @coldfusion .  Propel is on the list of possibilities... as is Citi Rewards.  She's got two WF cards and two Citi cards.    I believe that she would be approved for either of them.  Which one would have a higher starting credit line?

Citi has historically been more generous to her.  She's got a $15k Simplicity with no balance on it and a $10k Double Cash card with a zero percent balance on it.  She's got Wells Fargo Home Projects with a $5.4k credit line and no balance, and a Cash Wise with a $2k limit and a zero percent balance on it.

...I think I just answered my own question...  Smiley Embarassed

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.