cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiffany & Co. - Which CRA they use for a hard pull?

tag
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

Tiffany & Co. - Which CRA they use for a hard pull?

Does anyone happen to know which CRA they use for a hard pull on their card? (EX, EQ or TU?) Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

Re: Tiffany & Co. - Which CRA they use for a hard pull?

BUMP

Not sure how many here applied... Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lol, Holly Golightly I'm not.

I googled tiffany & co credit card, and I pulled up the pdf file of the app. Interestingly, it does not mention any bank or other CCC. You can normally find this in the section saying that "we reserve the right to pull your credit report", or alternatively down at the bottom of the page. They might be one of those companies who finance their own CC's, as does Nordstrom.

When you click on the "manage my account" link, there's a page from First Data Corp., but they're a CC-processing firm, rather than an issuing bank.

Wow, this would be the ultimate store card!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to another message board that I frequent, they pull Equifax and do not assign a credit limit, just a "guideline". The 2 entries that were posted were from 2005/2006. Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 12
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

Well, I plan to apply within the next couple of weeks so I will post the details for everyone's convenience. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

Did you ever apply?  What was the outcome?

Message 6 of 12
mross1080
Established Contributor

They exclusively pull EQ and they are there own bank. I have had the card since nov 2010. I spoke to the credit department a couple times and hit them with 20 questions.

Message 7 of 12
CreditusMaximus
New Contributor

I can confirm Tiffanys pull EQ. They pulled hard when I first set up an account to purchase an engagement ring, again when I bought a Key 6 months later, but not when I purchased wedding bands. Weird.

Tiffanys also does not report their card or balances to EQ.
Message 8 of 12
WindBlazer3
Established Member

I can confirm that Tiffany pulls a hard EQ as well.  I got the account back in February, and they have not reported the account (balances or limit) since then.  When I went to purchase the wedding rings four months later, they did not pull my credit a second time.

This has been particularly nice for me, as the account didn't hurt my AA and most of my inqs are on EX, so this allowed me to spread my inqs out a bit.

Message 9 of 12
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

@MakeItAMudLight wrote:

Did you ever apply?  What was the outcome?

Hi,

Unfortunately (or fortunately whichever way you look at it) I did not apply. I decided to pay for the ring out of my savings account Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.