Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Frame to apply for Gold Premier Amex after getting Zync

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time Frame to apply for Gold Premier Amex after getting Zync

My original goal is to get the Gold Amex Premier. I wanted to get in the good graces by acquiring the Zync

What is the time frame one should consider when applying again to amex to get the gold premier ?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time Frame to apply for Gold Premier Amex after getting Zync

6 months.

Message 2 of 13
jnydc
Contributor

I too have GCP aspirations with AMEX, and recently got in with them again with my Zync.  I wouldn't really imagine app'ing for that until I have shown 6 months at least with them at minimum, personally...though I have read of others moving up immediately.

Also, as a cardmember I would try to see if I get some sort of pre screened offer before I app as well...but we will see what others think.

2009 Credit Portfolio: First Premier 450, Orchard Bank 400

2012 Credit Portfolio: AMEX; Gold, Zync, & Clear 5k
Citi Platinum Select 2k, Home Depot Store (Citi) 4k, Discover More 10k, Barclays Apple 2k, Cap 1 (secured) 2.5k
Message 3 of 13
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I always have the offer to upgrade to the Golds and Platinum which I considered a preapproval to pay more in annual fees. Today, I added my GF to my Green and was going to upgrade to the Premier Gold but it said my account was not eligible. It's so odd...

Message 4 of 13
ChampagneWishes
Valued Member

Same goal for me.  Everyone, please post if/when you end up upgrading!  I just got Zync a month ago and was planning on waiting 6-9 months, unless a Gold offer appears in my account sooner.  I'm using my Zync all I can for "classic Amex" charges like flights, hotels and restaurants.  I've made 2 payments already so they wouldn't get nervous (I've spent about $1900 in my first month due to some business travel), and am hoping they see my behavior and think GOLD! Smiley Happy  I'll post if/when I get there, but otherwise I'll keep an eye out here for any updates.  Good luck!!

Photobucket
Message 5 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you wanted Gold from the beginning, why did you apply for zync?  If they are going to approve you for a charge card, pretty sure you would be approved for any one.  Also be sure to weigh out the rewards, I actually find the Zync better than the Gold for rewards for me.  Also you can product Change after you have had the card a year.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I have read there is still credit worthiness u have to meet prior to being approved for the higher rewards cards. I prefer to get the card I know is attainable and prove a solid history again with amex and reach for the higher card. If anyone was approved I'm sure we would have some centurion black card holders all around as it too is a charge card but witha higher fee
Message 7 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
From what I have read there is still credit worthiness u have to meet prior to being approved for the higher rewards cards. I prefer to get the card I know is attainable and prove a solid history again with amex and reach for the higher card. If anyone was approved I'm sure we would have some centurion black card holders all around as it too is a charge card but witha higher fee

Anyone can have a black card now... you just have to show 1 year of over $250k spending on a charge card and get your checkbook out to pay the $5k acceptance fee and the $7500 annual fee and $3500 additional card fee (i believe those were the figures when I last talked to them

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed - but come on I mean $250,000.00 lol that isn't chump change man. Plus you get invited for the black card. My father has one he has done well for himself - trust me you have to be earning to get into that line of cards. 

Anyways - point of this thread is to see who here has had success applying for a secondary card such as the gold premier after attaining green, or zync so a educational decision can be made in the future. 

Please take note I mean no disrespect in anyway. Just table conversation here on my part.

Thanks

Message 9 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed - but come on I mean $250,000.00 lol that isn't chump change man. Plus you get invited for the black card. My father has one he has done well for himself - trust me you have to be earning to get into that line of cards. 

Anyways - point of this thread is to see who here has had success applying for a secondary card such as the gold premier after attaining green, or zync so a educational decision can be made in the future. 

Please take note I mean no disrespect in anyway. Just table conversation here on my part.

Thanks

you no longer have to be invited, just meet the spending requirement and be willing to pay the fees. which yes you need some serious earning to be up in that category.

usually when I hear people getting a second card with amex, they go with a credit card product, not another charge card... I would say with about 90% confidence, you could apply and get a gold premier now if you wanted one and either keep zync or close it out.

but again I rather apply for a credit card product at 6 months and just wait to 12 months with zync and do product change so you don't have another new inq and new account

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.