Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Frame to apply for Gold Premier Amex after getting Zync

tag
ChampagneWishes
Valued Member

Re: Time Frame to apply for Gold Premier Amex after getting Zync

For the record, I was definitely under the impression that Zync was much easier to obtain than the other charge cards (Green and up).  After searching through these forums, it seems like most people are under that impression as well...?  I could definitely be wrong, but for someone with no preapproved offers and an iffy credit report, I felt much safer apping for a card that's clearly geared toward younger people without a long and flawless history.  I definitely would have taken the Gold right away, but thought it wise to err on the side of Zync. Smiley Happy

I applied for Zync with the intent to switch over to a Gold card plus a Blue within a year or so.  Don't mind the annual fee on the Gold.  I want the full rewards program and points earning potential of the Gold Premier and the reporting credit limit of the Blue, and I like that I could use the two cards as sort of a tag-team to maximize my AmEx relationship.  Those two plus two other major prime cards would make me a very happy camper.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 13
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@kellygoldston wrote:

For the record, I was definitely under the impression that Zync was much easier to obtain than the other charge cards (Green and up).  After searching through these forums, it seems like most people are under that impression as well...?  I could definitely be wrong, but for someone with no preapproved offers and an iffy credit report, I felt much safer apping for a card that's clearly geared toward younger people without a long and flawless history.  I definitely would have taken the Gold right away, but thought it wise to err on the side of Zync. Smiley Happy

I applied for Zync with the intent to switch over to a Gold card plus a Blue within a year or so.  Don't mind the annual fee on the Gold.  I want the full rewards program and points earning potential of the Gold Premier and the reporting credit limit of the Blue, and I like that I could use the two cards as sort of a tag-team to maximize my AmEx relationship.  Those two plus two other major prime cards would make me a very happy camper.

I believe you are correct. The last time I spoke with a CSR at AMEX which was recently they also implied that the ZYNC was the easiest for approval purposes. She had said at the time it is geared toward the younger generation and college kids with less history and some leeway for mistakes.

I also think that while the other cards may require slightly better qualifications they really aren't that stringent. For example the GREEN will accept less history but no leeway for mistakes, the GOLD will need better history and no leeway for mistakes, the PREMIER GOLD will need better history, higher income, and no leeway for mistakes. These are just a guess on my part, but I think it is an idea of how it is determined.

I didn't happen to ask her about a time frame to upgrade or product change, but from the reading I have done about AMEX it looks like 6-12 months is the norm.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 12 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't believe that at all... my friend was approved for gold premier with a 642 TU... Amex pulled both EX and TU for the application.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.