Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time To App? Give me your 2¢...

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Time To App? Give me your 2¢...

@Movin_on_up wrote:

Great news!   Discover More...Approval!!!

App'd online with their pre-approval code.   $4000 CL!!!

So happy.  Smiley LOL  Smiley Very Happy  Smiley LOL

1 down and 8 more apps to go!

Kidding...

Congrats!  That's a very promising sign. YAY!!!! You know- if I were you- I'd app that Amex you want.  You never know- you might get approved.  The worst thing that can happen is you burn an inq.  I'm thinking that Discover pulled TU or EQ.  Amex will most assuredly pull EX then maybe TU if you are borderline.  I know they hate tax liens but I have seen evidencne of late that their lending standards have lowered.  You are pretty for sure on the Amazon- Freedom and Walmart if you are wanting them.  However, remember my earlier advice.  With you scores, it time to get out of rebuilding mode and into strategic apping for the amazing cards an excellent credit score will bring.  JMHO. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 21 of 25
Movin_on_up
New Contributor

Ok........I'm 2 for 2.   Walmart approval!!!

A CL of...get this...$150.  lol    I called immediately, asked for $1000 and made sure it was a soft pull.  Three mins later I got it!  (Should have gone for $2500...)

I'm drunk with decent credit score power!    Smiley Tongue    ...and need to call it a night with two big wins under my belt.

impvovingmycredit - I'll sleep on the Amex app.  Definitely heading to the bank tomorrow and not leaving until I have a Chase Freedom card.

Starting score: EQ FICO 8 702 (1/1/2012)
Current scores: EQ FICO 8: 763 / TU FICO 8: 760 / EX FICO 8: 765

Wallet: Chase Freedom 12K - Discover More 12K - Walmart 1K - Capital One MC 1K
Message 22 of 25
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Movin_on_up wrote:

Ok........I'm 2 for 2.   Walmart approval!!!

A CL of...get this...$150.  lol    I called immediately, asked for $1000 and made sure it was a soft pull.  Three mins later I got it!  (Should have gone for $2500...)

I'm drunk with decent credit score power!    Smiley Tongue    ...and need to call it a night with two big wins under my belt.

impvovingmycredit - I'll sleep on the Amex app.  Definitely heading to the bank tomorrow and not leaving until I have a Chase Freedom card.

Man on man!   Nice!  I'm very happy for you!  Congrats!  Don't worry- the Freedom is as good as in hand!  Best of luck!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 23 of 25
Movin_on_up
New Contributor

Final credit update - Chase Freedom approval for $5,000!!

So 3 for 3 in 24 hours...

Discover More...4K

Walmart...1K

Chase Freedom...5K

Thanks again to everyone here for your help and encouragement.  It has really helped get me where I am today.  It's really appreciated.    Smiley Happy

Time to update the sig and introduce myself to the Gardening Club!

Starting score: EQ FICO 8 702 (1/1/2012)
Current scores: EQ FICO 8: 763 / TU FICO 8: 760 / EX FICO 8: 765

Wallet: Chase Freedom 12K - Discover More 12K - Walmart 1K - Capital One MC 1K
Message 24 of 25
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Impressive!  Congratulations!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.