Time for a spree???

tag
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Re: Time for a spree???

Thank You @BrianEarl

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 22
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sorry if it was me. I dont walk on water and I make mistakes like every other person in this world. Many of us are here because we made mistakes in our credit life. Thats how we ended up here. I'll bow out.................

Message 12 of 22
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Sorry if it was me. I dont walk on water and I make mistakes like every other person in this world. Many of us are here because we made mistakes in our credit life. Thats how we ended up here. I'll bow out.................

LOL we're cool. I am not asking for myself. My credit is established. 

TCL= $172,800
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Something is not adding up.  Your comment says that you only have one AU account on your credit report, but you signature line states a total credit limit of $172,800.  What happened to those accounts?

The question is for someone else other than the OP

Expository writing is a "thing." 

Message 14 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Non-FSR comments have been edited/removed.  Just a friendly reminder to keep comments Friendly, Supportive and Respectful.   Thank you for your cooperation. 

Message 15 of 22
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

The trick is to zero in on banks that don't ignore AUs (like Chase) and to get an unsecured card. Capital One and Discover would seem to be good bets. As mentioned, check the pre-quals.

I don't think the credit score is all that important in this case. What lenders are going to see is a report with a single AU. The one thing I'd watch for is utilization on that card. It should be at 28.9% or below. (EDIT: I see it's at 10%. That's good. Smiley Happy)

What does 24 years 4 months refer to? Is that the age of the AU card or the age of the applicant? What was the inquiry for? Did it result in a denial?

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only 1 account and it's an AU? That's the realm of picking one or two accounts to try to build some history, not a time to go on a spree. Unless one values getting a bunch of sub-prime accounts and scaring off the major lenders.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree check Disco and Cap1 prequal.  Even if Disco offers secured I would take it, it will graduate.  Cap1 secured will not.  Idk if Amex ignores AU accts or not, but you can try their prequal.  

Message 18 of 22
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Credit card pre-qual sites will not do anything to your reports or scores, so try them all and see who likes you.
Amex, Citi, Cap One, Discover all have this ability.

Let us know the results and we can help you a bit more from there Smiley Happy If there's a particular card of interest, let us know as well and we may be able to gauge your ability to successfully app for it.

Message 19 of 22
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

The trick is to zero in on banks that don't ignore AUs (like Chase) and to get an unsecured card. Capital One and Discover would seem to be good bets. As mentioned, check the pre-quals.

I don't think the credit score is all that important in this case. What lenders are going to see is a report with a single AU. The one thing I'd watch for is utilization on that card. It should be at 28.9% or below. (EDIT: I see it's at 10%. That's good. Smiley Happy)

What does 24 years 4 months refer to? Is that the age of the AU card or the age of the applicant? What was the inquiry for? Did it result in a denial?

Yes, the AU card.

Inq was for a Cap1 card before the score and it was denied.

TCL= $172,800

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.