Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to app maybe?

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Time to app maybe?

SO!

I want to app to get a card with a good limit...

Right now i am an AU on a card with 1250 limit, and i have my own cap 1 with 500 limit...

All of my scores hover right around 620, except for EX which i am not sure, it was right around 670 when the mortgage went through.....

do not pay attention to my scores below... everything has fluctuated.....

What should i attempt to app for?

Thanks.... love you all!!!

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Time to app maybe?

I'd try the AMEX Zync, but personally, I'd wait until your scores in the high 600's.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 2 of 16
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

i have been told the amex sync before.... but i was wondering.. with the mortgage i also have a few inq..... they dont like that do they?

Also... how does an amex work? If you use it does it have to be PIF? orrrrrr......? sorry im new to the amex world.... i have my amex business card so i know they will back date the card..... Business card is over a year old....

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 16
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@FairCredBen wrote:

i have been told the amex sync before.... but i was wondering.. with the mortgage i also have a few inq..... they dont like that do they?

Also... how does an amex work? If you use it does it have to be PIF? orrrrrr......? sorry im new to the amex world.... i have my amex business card so i know they will back date the card..... Business card is over a year old....

do you have ANY negatives still showing at all??

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 16
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

+1

Zync is probably the only way to get a non-toy limit with a 647, getting it up a bit higher would help with a NPSL, and/or a high income.  Perhaps AP for Walmart and get CLI's every 4 months to help with CL's. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 5 of 16
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

i have a few paid collections... im not sure what bad they are reporting? but amex moved my business credit from 5k limit to NPSL like 6 months back.... 

Message 6 of 16
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

AMEX Charge cards, you use the card untill the statement closes, you are then given a please pay by date about 2 weeks after the date the statement cuts. PIF and all is good. If money gets tight you can pay a bit latter but before the next statement cuts.  but this should be avoided at all costs untill you have developed a relationship with them. If you haven;t paid by the time the next statement cuts, its then late do it twice and look forward to an FR and other not so fun things happening. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Message 7 of 16
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

so amex zync is not like that? Amex zync is like a regular CC?

Message 8 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@FairCredBen wrote:

In my opinion, Zync is a good option for you.

Amex is unique in that you can charge a lot, and then you have to pay in full each month.  There are no interest charges, and you earn points on your spending.

I also had a number of inquiries when I applied for Amex, (15+ due to mortgage)

In my case, it did not negatively affect my approval for the Zync.  My spending power on the Zync is over 6k now, my highest reported balance was about $5785

Especially with your business Amex account, and your prior relationship with Amex, a personal Amex will be a nice addition to your profile

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 9 of 16
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

ZYNC, GOLD, PR GOLD, Platinum are all Charge Cards  

Zync has an option of giving you a hard limit of $200 (non-autopay)  or $500 with auto-pay linked to your checking account. The rest are NPSL always. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.