cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for 10000 CL (Wells Fargo and Citibank)

tag
mickmatt8
Valued Member

Tips for 10000 CL (Wells Fargo and Citibank)

So far I have been able to get two cards with 10000 CLs. What are your suggestions for getting 10000 for Citibank and Wells Fargo. Especially Wells Fargo. These guys are sooo strict. Lol.

Chase Freedom 11000 | Wells Fargo 2600 | CitiThankYou Preferred 3000 | AMEX EveryDay 10000

TU 751 EQ 726 EX 751

FICO Scores: EQ 735; TU 751; EX 740
Chase $11000; Citibank ThankYou Preferred $4300; Wells Fargo Platinum $3900; AMEX $30000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tips for 10000 CL (Wells Fargo and Citibank)

Have you tried a HP CLI? Is it something that you need in order to facilitate your daily activities? Just curious.

Citibank has a SP CLI every 6 months, but at any time you may initiate a hard pull credit limit increase.

I know nothing of Wells Fargo. Sorry!
Message 2 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

You need to wait and let your accounts age and your entire credit profile mature. It is not all about score. A kid in his early 20s with an open CC from when he was 18 can have good scores. 

Basically, do not apply for anymore credit and let WF and Citi see your new limits via SP. I don't think it's a quick fix unless they want to give you some auto luv

Message 3 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@azguy13 wrote:

You need to wait and let your accounts age and your entire credit profile mature. It is not all about score. A kid in his early 20s with an open CC from when he was 18 can have good scores. 

Basically, do not apply for anymore credit and let WF and Citi see your new limits via SP. I don't think it's a quick fix unless they want to give you some auto luv

And azguy's WF account # is.. XXXX-XXX-XXXX  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

And azguy's WF account # is.. XXXX-XXX-XXXX  Smiley Happy

Keep it up and I am going to AA/CLD you with my strong hand, haha

Message 5 of 8
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Just curious why you're chasing after $10k+ credit limits? Most all your threads relate to this.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 6 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

Just curious why you're chasing after $10k+ credit limits? Most all your threads relate to this.

What I notice from many threads on this forum, it is a status thing. I can understand wanting to get as much credit as possible just for the pure enjoyment of knowing that a bank will trust you with their money (that they will recoup and then some). 

I was like that in the beginning. However, now I am to the point that I have more credit than I really need. However, that will not stop me from having fun with the luv button for a SP CLI every so often. I will not go out of my way with a HP though. 

I would just remind everyone that the amount of credit someone has does not mean they are better than anyone else. Neither a score nor a CL can tell the story of someone's credit journey in detail. I have learned more from people with a mid to low 600 score than I have from those with a 750+

Message 7 of 8
mickmatt8
Valued Member

@j_casteel wrote:

It's not just a status thing as some have stated before. I could stop right now and be happy with both of my HIGH limit credit cards and my HIGH fico score. There are many reasons why a high CL is helpful.

1) Debt to Income ratio

2) Use it or lose it. You don't prepare for a test the day before do you? Not if you want to do so with flying colors. With that said its best to apply for credit when you DONT need it because if one day you do, you will NOT get it. Trust me.

3) To protect myself if one of these banks decide to slash one if my CL's. The argument can always be made well "Chase didn't slash my CL..." and if that doesn't work I would have 3/4 cards with a high credit limit.

4) For negotiating a higher CL for another bank. Maybe like Wells Fargo, "Chase thinks I'm responsible enough to have a 10000 CL..." 

Those are just a few reasons why a high credit limit should be sought after. Just a FEW. 

FICO Scores: EQ 735; TU 751; EX 740
Chase $11000; Citibank ThankYou Preferred $4300; Wells Fargo Platinum $3900; AMEX $30000
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.