Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips on how to increase credit limit in a short time

tag
Yj002
Established Member

Re: Tips on how to increase credit limit in a short time

I am sorry, the last message was solely dedicated to tanyasf. Has anyone applied bluebird checking account from American Express and got rejected?

Message 11 of 24
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Someone should ban that gal...
Here we go with the cyber bullying.
Check stopbullying.gov...

But yeah, once you get to $10k, you'll only want $20k! Lol
If you have GECRB, that's the quickest way. You could call credit solutions.

are you going to request 20K on your walmart discover soon?

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 24
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

@Tanyasf wrote:
Closed all of your credit card account and reapply

Sorry to say, but that is TERRIBLE advice!!!!!!

I am pretty positive it wasn't meant as good advice if you read her past postings.  It was a troll statement that this poster seems to get a kick out of.   Enjoying the freedoms of the USA I suppose.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 13 of 24
power1234

Tanyasf !!!!!!People come here for advice and really not trying to hear your uneducated opinion and frankly speaking your coming here just to to hurt members credit with giving bad advice and you are hoping to get them to make a bad credit decision

Just find something creative to do with you life and not hurt people in need

Do you understand that people that are looking for advice are in need? Sorry everyone but this is becoming annoying with Tanyasf

Message 14 of 24
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I actually did request $20k the other day and got denied :-(
I think it's bc of that new Citi Diamond account I opened in February... And the three inqs they performed for that account. I was told by an Acct mgr at Citi that they would communicate "electronically" with EQ to remove it. Lol we shall see.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 24
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

By "it" I mean, one of those last inquiries. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 24
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

I actually did request $20k the other day and got denied :-(
I think it's bc of that new Citi Diamond account I opened in February... And the three inqs they performed for that account. I was told by an Acct mgr at Citi that they would communicate "electronically" with EQ to remove it. Lol we shall see.

wow, i didnt know that Citi does pull all 3 CR.

I have been getting their preapproved offers for diamond, but have been ignoring it.  How do you like it so far? I wonder what citi is like on CLIs

EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012

Message 17 of 24
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh no, they didn't pull all three cr.
I actually wound up with FOUR hard pulls from them!
Three on EQ alone and one on EXP.
So beware!
I mean, it's a nice looking card and has 0% for 18 mos on bts/purchases. I'll prob use it for a bt, but I haven't decided. I got it for the 0%, but I suppose I didn't really need it. Took two months to recon through the eo. I got a decent $5k limit, but my EQ would prob be 20 points higher without those three extra inqs from them. Those bastards. Their Customer Service really hasn't been all that great either.:-/ I wish I could give a glowing review, but I can't. :-/ you're better off with Discover IT or Chase Freedom
Message 18 of 24
HiLine
Blogger

@Yj002 wrote:
I can't wait to have my CL to be above $10k! Any thoughts on how to increase my credit limit from now on because I just have the high credit limit CC'S recently? Any kind member with HIGH credit limit willing to share some tips, please? I would greatly appreciate it!

First of all, you probably don't need a high CL. The fact that your credit limits are limited at these levels is caused by the fact that you do not have the financial means or credit history to back up a higher credit limit.

If you in fact have a legit need for a higher CL, one thing you can do is push as much money as possible through one card then request a CLI in a few months. Frequent usage of a card for large transactions would justify a higher credit limit.

Message 19 of 24
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Oh no, they didn't pull all three cr.
I actually wound up with FOUR hard pulls from them!
Three on EQ alone and one on EXP.
So beware!
I mean, it's a nice looking card and has 0% for 18 mos on bts/purchases. I'll prob use it for a bt, but I haven't decided. I got it for the 0%, but I suppose I didn't really need it. Took two months to recon through the eo. I got a decent $5k limit, but my EQ would prob be 20 points higher without those three extra inqs from them. Those bastards. Their Customer Service really hasn't been all that great either.:-/ I wish I could give a glowing review, but I can't. :-/ you're better off with Discover IT or Chase Freedom

That is ridiculous. why would they have to do four hard pulls for one credit card app.  Just crazy

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.