cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of waiting on your Centurion Card invite?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tired of waiting on your Centurion Card invite?

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

I was redirected to this

E50B8CE3-FED0-4478-A8F8-8BDA9E1EAFCE.jpeg

I haven't laughed this hard all year!!! 😂 

Message 41 of 57
redpat
Senior Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@kerplunk wrote:

They recently updated the Centurion Card with increased annual fees and initial membership fee.

How many of you would actually want the card if you would be approved?

8CC7A93F-624D-4651-8F53-765CAC418A89.jpeg

I am nowhere in the running for an invitation, but at the previous annual fee I would currently find value in it and there would be some nice perks without any real out of pocket expense.  With the new fee, it would be difficult to justify but the 50% MR rebate for airfare booked through Amex Travel is huge, particularly as it comes with Delta Platinum Medallion status and means that I would have no need for revenue travel in the future.  It would be a stretch, but maybe it would work.   That initiation fee, though?   No way I would recoup that.

K, I jumped on the Biz when it offered 50% MR rebate, boy that was short lived.  The 35% on biz plat is good enough for me.  

I've seen this card in action and if all your travel is high end and a lot this card is worth it.  Hey, free Equinox membership cuts the AF by $3,600 if you are near one.  Saks is $250 a quarter or $1k instead of $500 for plat.  

K, there is an Equinox in Boston in the same building as the Ritz, which I have used while staying there.  So $4,600 of your annual fee is covered......

Lol on the initiation fee, a 20 year member would equal a additional $500 in avg AF and don't forget your annual gift worth about $500 or so.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 42 of 57
NRB525
Super Contributor

The Saks credit on Platinum is $50 for the first half of the year, $50 for the second half of the year, or $100 per calendar year, not $500. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 43 of 57
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Smiley LOL  Yeah the Equinox would certainly be helpful, but the problem would be actually getting myself there to work out!

Message 44 of 57
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I think the reason why a lot of us like to be light-hearted about it is because we KNOW we are nowhere NEAR that card.....I mean they won't give a CLI to me yet on my measly 1k CL they started me with.....I know they wouldn't approve me for a Black Card ROFL.     If I knew there was a shot (as I am sure with a lot of the others) we would seriously apply but why waste their time?!  Smiley Tongue

Message 45 of 57
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Smiley LOL  Yeah the Equinox would certainly be helpful, but the problem would be actually getting myself there to work out!

I lost a lot of money on a Related-managed investment many years ago. Political factors aside, I'd feel unclean with a membership there! No longer in NY, but the same would hold true for Hudson Yards shopping.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 46 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

UpdateSmiley Happy I thought I remembered my girlfriend mentioning an "old black card" she had at one point so I asked. It was The Centurion. She said her spend was around 20K p/month at the time of invite and remained the same for as long as she carried it.  She didn't really take advantage of it's benefits so ended up cancelling around 6 years ago.  

She said she was referred by another card holder (Google Exec) and received the invite not long after..  I asked her what her largest single swipe was and she said somewhere around 80K.   :-0

Message 47 of 57
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

I think I'm going to have to pass. Not that they would give it to me anyway. :-)

Fees
Initiation Fee $10,000
Annual Membership Fee $5,000

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 48 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it be possible to take out an AMEX personal loan to cover AMEX AFs?

Asking for a friend lol

Message 49 of 57
blindambition
Senior Contributor

I'll use my future rich husband's card. That's almost 3/4 of my current annual income. I can't enjoy the look being blind anyways. LOL! Dropping my AppleCard sounds the same. 🤣 

Message 50 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.