Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tj Maxx MasterCard

tag
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

Tj Maxx MasterCard

I logged in today to make my payment no warning or anything they dropped my limit 2000.00 from 9000 to 7000 always paid more then minimum never missed a payment in years anyone else have the same problem 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
MeN5
Regular Contributor

Re: Tj Maxx MasterCard

Unless you love that card I would say goodbye!

Message 2 of 22
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

Is this bank that bad 

Message 3 of 22
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

I am scared to make a big payment now because they probably drop it more 

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you have been carrying a balance for awhile then? Have you just been making minimums?

Message 5 of 22
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

No I have Been  making over min every time carrying about 5500 to 5000 so I was almost have half paid off never been close to the limit or ever over 

Message 6 of 22
MeN5
Regular Contributor

@lakerfan2011  yes synchrony is known for balance chasing Ive been through that with three of their cards I paid two of them off and closed them the other which was car care i kept because they gave me an increase from 500 to 3000 thats the only card that increased. So it is likely they will balance chase you but you just cant be sure.

Message 7 of 22
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

thats why i am not sure what amount of payment s to make anymore 

Message 8 of 22
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

No I have Been  making over min every time carrying about 5500 to 5000 so I was almost have half paid off never been close to the limit or ever over 

This right here. Your $5,000-$5,500 balance you've been carrying. How long has your balance been in that range? I understand you've been making higher than minimum payments (a very good thing), but if you're remaining in that range it can be a red flag. For instance, using your card and racking the balance up to $5K, then paying that balance back off in full, then bringing it back to that amount again, then bringing it back all the way down again by making larger than normal payments is fine. However, if you have say $5,500 on the card, make a $500 payment and then the next month charge another $500 on the card again, this will eventually spook your lender as your balance is remaining stagnant even though you're making much more than your minimum payment.  

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 9 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sync isnt as bad as people want to believe. When people are getting super high limits or increases, they rave. When they start seeing cld or closures they are the devil.

Sync seems to be in  risk assessment mode. 5k is alot to be carrying with Sync at any time especially given  their apr. I would suggest 2 things. Make another payment to see if they truely are balance  chasing. You have. to pay the account anyway regardless of cl. Two,  hit the request cli button either before or after. Might restore the limit.  

Other option if you have it is to bt it away to a csrd with 0% apr to give you more time. Unfortunately we know nothing of your credit profile so we csnt really give good options. Thanks for sharing.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.