cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Apply for BOA Travel Rewards or not??

tag
awall41
Established Member

To Apply for BOA Travel Rewards or not??

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently debating if I should apply for BOA travel rewards.  Here is what my credit profile and card line up looks like.

AAOA: 3 years

UTL: %27 (With that going way down next month)

Baddies: 1 CO 7 months old falsely reporting on EQ and EX.  TU has already pulled it and I'm working with the company to get it removed but they don't want to PFD.

Cards: Barclays Financing Visa 0/1700

Capital One Platinum (Converted to cash rewards) 0/750

Discover More 600/1000  (BT from CAP 1 not reporting yet)

Amex Zync NPSL Posted 780 to the CR's last month

Mid America Bank (Starter Card) 0/275

Do you think this will be enough to get me an approval?  I am trying to get higher credit lines in order to close down my Cap1 and Mid America cards and not have it effect my UTL.  Also, I applied for the Blue Sky Preferred and it is being reviewed right now.  I spoke with the AmEx rep friday and she said it was under manual review by the new accounts team and I would have a decision in 5-6 business days.  Would the rewards from BOA clash with the ones from AmEx?

Thanks everyone!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: To Apply for BOA Travel Rewards or not??

First, I think the BofA Travel Rewards card is an excellent card which compliments your Amex (here's hoping you'll be approved!) very well.  Amex excels in many areas, but international acceptance certainly isn't one of them.  In my view, 1.5% rewards, no annual fee, no forex fee, and an emv chip makes the BofA Travel card one of the best deals out there.

Second, to maximize your odds of approval, I'd apply after you resolve the CO showing on your reports.  If you can't remove it, then I'd wait at least 12 months aging on the CO before applying for this card.

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 3
awall41
Established Member

Re: To Apply for BOA Travel Rewards or not??

Thanks for your input!

Not what I wanted to hear because I just went on a mini app spree and wanted all 5 inqs to age together and I love instant gratification haha.  But, I do agree to have the best chances I should wait for the CO to fall off and why waste a HP on a denial.  Glad I talked it through before pulling the trigger.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.