cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To be fooled Barclays is fine to deal with.

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: To be fooled Barclays is fine to deal with.

Robust file or not, one mistep along the way picked up by their computers , whether it be new accounts or something else, that robust file could just as easily put you on the tea brigade lol, everyones experiences are different but doesnt make them any less valid. Heck we know how crazy Synchrony bank has been this past year and i have yet to be affected but that doesnt mean it cant happen to me. Enjoy your cards use them as you normally would and if something happens be prepared, have various lenders to catch the fallSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

They don't care one bit about you or your profile. They have NO loyalty.

They will AA you in the blink of an eye. Don't think for one New York second that they won't either.

Check that account at the stroke of midnight every night, your number may be coming down the line. When it does, at least I told you so.

It may only take the wind blowing to the south for them to hit you.

Message 12 of 35
kdm31091
Super Contributor

While I agree that Barclay's really has no loyalty, neither does Chase. Or Citi. Or BOA. Or whoever. Bottom line is we are an account number and if we become unprofitable or a risk we get AA sometimes.

To me, Barclay products are just average and nothing to get excited about so it doesn't really matter if they are a good lender or not. They have no place in my wallet.

There are so many lenders out there. If one does not work for you, don't use them, that's all.

Message 13 of 35
redpat
Senior Contributor

I wish I could test them. I find their offerings seriously lacking the competition. 

Euro trash, lol! 

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 14 of 35
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Discover2016 wrote:

It's good to hear that Barclays has worked out well for youHeart That being said, there are many reports of AA with Barclay even when the person has a robust credit file.

+1

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 15 of 35
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Sharingan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had the jet blue plus card since sept 2016 and they have in that short time: 1) Reduced my apr 2) increased cl by $5000 3) in a great good faith gesture, they cut my AF fee in half to $45 and refunded the other half. I question the validity of the reports I hear about barclay sudden AA and that they are hard to deal with. I'm not sure you are hearing the full story or people who slam Barclays for AA maybe don't know what's lurking in their file. As long as you have a robust credit file, barclay will treat you just the same as Chase, boa, Amex, etc. why would a bank issue you a card just to jack you around? It's unfounded innuendo. 

Aaoa 3 years. TU 727 EX 734 EQ 744 $207,000 total CL over 13 accounts.

So, because you have had the Barclays JetBlue Plus card for 5 months you are now in a position to call into question and marginalize others' experiences with the bank? That's illogical. I think it's great you enjoy Barclays so far; but you really don't know everyone's circumstances and shouldn't be impugning their integrity or disputing the veracity of their claims simply because you've had a positive experience for a few months. What exactly makes your story more valid or even believable than theirs? 

I've been quite satisfied with my Barclays JetBlue Plus card as well, but that certainly wouldn't lead me to the conclusion that it's unlikely that Barclays (or any business) could treat another customer untowardly. That would be like doubting the existence of water in an ocean...

+1

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

While I agree that Barclay's really has no loyalty, neither does Chase. Or Citi. Or BOA. Or whoever. Bottom line is we are an account number and if we become unprofitable or a risk we get AA sometimes.

To me, Barclay products are just average and nothing to get excited about so it doesn't really matter if they are a good lender or not. They have no place in my wallet.

There are so many lenders out there. If one does not work for you, don't use them, that's all.

Agreed 100%. I was just being thread specific.

No bank has loyalty, any bank can and will take AA.

Anone who thinks a bank loves them is sadly mistaken.

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

It's only been 5 months. Your still in the "honey moon" phase. 

In that case I've been in an almost 2-year honeymoon phase.

They gave me 2 auto CLI's on my Sallie Mae card in the first year, first from 1500 to 4500ish, then another one up to it's current 9100. They also approved me for a 7500 Arrival+ after a large and lengthy app spree last year. Never any CLD's or anything.

My guess is that people simply are unaware or don't want to admit that anything they're doing outside of Barclays may be a cause of AA.

Message 18 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I've had my JetBlue card with them since August 2016. About a month ago I called in and was given a 4 point APR decrease and $2.5k CLI. Not to mention that they gave me a $6k starting limit, which was double my largest limit at the time I got the card. They have been good to me so far. I also like that they are Chip + PIN, useful for certain places in Europe. Currently my other cards are AmEx, so at the time I wanted a large limit MC/Visa that also had no FTF. I was denied by a few other banks, but they took me on and with a large limit to boot.

But I also know that things can change in an instant. For now, no problems. I've opened up 2 new accounts since they approved me, although it is currently the card that gets my most spending. I fly JetBlue a lot, so I hope they don't ever fool with me.

At the same time, I'm not changing my spending habits or letting this worry me when opening new accounts. If it happens, it happens. I'd just prefer it not to since my credit history is only 1.5 years old.

Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Robust file or not, one mistep along the way picked up by their computers , whether it be new accounts or something else, that robust file could just as easily put you on the tea brigade lol, everyones experiences are different but doesnt make them any less valid. Heck we know how crazy Synchrony bank has been this past year and i have yet to be affected but that doesnt mean it cant happen to me. Enjoy your cards use them as you normally would and if something happens be prepared, have various lenders to catch the fallSmiley Happy

Very well said and I totally agree. I have had my JetBlue card since April 2016 and so far so good. I took advantage of the 0% APR on balance transfers that was offered when I was approved for this card. I have been approved for 14-16 other new credit cards since getting approved for JetBlue card. Barclay did not seem to mind but I am totally aware of the fact I may be on their radar one day at this rate. I've seen others here on MF who have received AA for doing less and I would never undermine their experience just because I have not had it happen to me. 

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.