cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To get American Express Everyday card or to not get American Express everyday..

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: To get American Express Everyday card or to not get American Express everyday..

Its the same, there is a lag.. I put about 500-700 a month through my ED and the MR's build slowly.. I simply do this although alot might think this is stupid it is my highest CL, so I show them some love due to this, but this won't continue forever as I would prefer to put this on something that earns more rewards such as SM, CSP, QS, etc...  Feel loyal, but now that my credit is alot better and stronger I will be moving my spend to other cards and probably only put 100 a month through Amex ED now.. The HHonors on the other hand I am enjoying..  5x on dining is pretty good, granted HHonors points are greatly devalued I still earned approx 3.1k HHonors points last month with only around 620 spend last month, most was eating out..  A typical room is around 30k points, so I can see this being a decent card and obviously the signup bonus of 60k after 1k spend promo that was going on..  So in theory ya you can earn a room or two a year with eating out and no AF..  IMO for a no AF card if you want hotels it isn't a bad one.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: To get American Express Everyday card or to not get American Express everyday..

Did you app yet?

Message 12 of 14
Ups77
Regular Contributor

I would but I'd get bcp card. You receive more points.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm in the same boat as you, recently i felt like my MR points would never do anything!

easier to put it on the everyday than figure out what card would give me a 1% higher reward...

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.