tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Tons of Synchrony Cards

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

Friends don't let friends app for toy limit store cards.

When Sync decides they like you, one starts getting $5k Private Label Credit Cards, or even $10k or $12k cards out of Sync. Even $5k is hardly a "toy"

www.creditcardcatalog.com/credit-cards-issued-by-ge-capital-retail-bank/

They are the retail store card kings.  99% of the cards on that list are worthless to me (Care Credit being the exception)... But hey... Enjoy that $5k Pep Boys card.  You can treat the entire family to some new whitewalls at Christmas.

I don't have the $5k Pep Boys card. But, if I did, I might consider it for a tire purchase, of course. Every few months I might buy something small to keep the card active, reporting paid as agreed, extending the AAoA over time while other mainstream MC or Visa cards come and go.

I did recently buy a set of Goodyears at Sams. But, Sams doesn't take Amex, and I don't recall where they stand on Visa. Between MC and Discover, the best I could do was 1%. So, The promotional financing offer had expired by the time the tires arrived, so I ended up using the Walmart MC.

My first Sync cards started low, $500 and $600 even as recently as two years ago, but Sync has ventured out into co-branded Visas and MCs, so those toy cards get you started. Keeping in mind the AAoA, if a card is fee-free, it often doesn't hurt to keep it just in case, for diversity.

My spouse enjoys the brakes I bought at Midas though. Smiley Happy   They weren't intended as a gift, but she needed them, and rather than buy more "stuff" (as Carlin would say), the brakes became the "gift". (as well as the time to go to the dealer, deal with the shop, wait for the car to be done, while my spouse was at home doing other things they enjoy) 

^^^Agree! I bought a set of 4 tires for my daughter for a Christmas gift  for a similar reason....lol

Message 51 of 53
axxy
Regular Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

Friends don't let friends app for toy limit store cards.

When Sync decides they like you, one starts getting $5k Private Label Credit Cards, or even $10k or $12k cards out of Sync. Even $5k is hardly a "toy"

www.creditcardcatalog.com/credit-cards-issued-by-ge-capital-retail-bank/

They are the retail store card kings.  99% of the cards on that list are worthless to me (Care Credit being the exception)... But hey... Enjoy that $5k Pep Boys card.  You can treat the entire family to some new whitewalls at Christmas.

How many years has it been since people wanted whitewalls?

Message 52 of 53
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have went a litle crazy over the past week (2 weeks maybe is when it began) applying for store cards from Synchrony. Here is a list of them:

Walmart ($500)

American Eagle ($150)

Old Navy ($200)

Belk ($250)

Sam's Club ($437)

I applied for a few other cards, but they are not through Synch. Anyways, I am paranoid that Synch. will close all of my accounts because I opened them all within a few days (some on the same day) as eachother. Do you think this will happen? I got the Walmart card because I go to Walmart a lot. The AE card and the Old Navy card because I shop there a lot as well. The main reason I got the Belk card (which is the latest one I got which I was approved a few minutes ago with a $250 limit) is because I get my clogne there a lot and it would be beneficial to have the card. However, I don't really have any use for the Sam's Club card (I got it like 2 days ago). 

Will it hurt to close the Sam's card? Also, do you think Synch. will close my other cards from opening so many? I plan on paying them off in full every month. 

Sam's gave me 937, and after 3 statements cut I got on chat, asked for 15K and they countered with 8K.

Message 53 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.