Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Good to be true???? FNBO 3.5% apr Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too Good to be true???? FNBO 3.5% apr Visa

DW recieved an offer in mail yesterday for a  FNBO visa with a 3.5% variable apr for the life of the account (except for Fed interest rate increases).

Carries an 89 annual fee. No cashback or points.

Seems like a pretty good offer if you want a lower interest card just in case you need to float a balance for a couple months.  

Her EX score is around 740, 15 util. and under 10 inq.

Anyone have this card and know the details on it and approval possiblities. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Re: Too Good to be true???? FNBO 3.5% Visa

Aww, the APR! 3.5% seemed too low to be an APR so I was hoping it was possibly 3.5% rewards, which is of course unsustainable, but I had a glimmer of hope...

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 2 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

This card has been discussed here a few times, e.g. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/FNBO-Prime-All-the-Time-Anyone-else-get-this-offer/m-p/...

A lot of analysis was done in various forums: for a lot of people it isn't a great deal.   You will need to determine how much balance you will carry for how long, how the APR compares to your lowest APR card, and see if that is worth the AF (taking into account the loss of rewards).  With 0% APR offers coming on various cards for at least a few months, $89 every year may seem a lot to pay just for a low APR in case you need it

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would pay that.  Well, maybe not, but still I would like to get that offer!!!

Theres also the Houston FCU Visa Primelock which as a $50 annual fee.  Anyone would be eligible as long as they find a cheap 3 credit hour online class to take from one of the community colleges there.  Lol.

Message 4 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would pay that.  Well, maybe not, but still I would like to get that offer!!!

Theres also the Houston FCU Visa Primelock which as a $50 annual fee.  Anyone would be eligible as long as they find a cheap 3 credit hour online class to take from one of the community colleges there.  Lol.

Hmmm. Just passed by one. Interesting! I make my Alliant atm deposits there! Lol

Message 5 of 15
DieGo2SHAE
Regular Contributor

By the thread title I came in expecting a 3.5% CB card Smiley Sad

May 2013 | June 2013 |Sep 2013 | Dec 2013 |May 2014 | May 2014 | May 2014| April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DieGo2SHAE wrote:

I did too! I'll have to pass on this one. I never carry a balance long enough to justify the annual fee vs interest.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@DieGo2SHAE wrote:

I did too! I'll have to pass on this one. I never carry a balance long enough to justify the annual fee vs interest.

Sorry guys, didn't think about the cash back aspect when I posted.  I've edited the title.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

This card has been discussed here a few times, e.g. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/FNBO-Prime-All-the-Time-Anyone-else-get-this-offer/m-p/...

A lot of analysis was done in various forums: for a lot of people it isn't a great deal.   You will need to determine how much balance you will carry for how long, how the APR compares to your lowest APR card, and see if that is worth the AF (taking into account the loss of rewards).  With 0% APR offers coming on various cards for at least a few months, $89 every year may seem a lot to pay just for a low APR in case you need it

thanks for the link.  I looked last night, but somehow missed this one.     

I'm trying to determine if the annual fee is worth it as well.   She does carry balances from time to time.  And her lowest interest card is her Penfed with 13.24  but no annual fee.   And they do periodically offer O%offers.  So IDK.  Have to think on this one. 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DieGo2SHAE wrote:

Sorry guys, didn't think about the cash back aspect when I posted.  I've edited the title.

No worries! It wasn't the first and won't be the last thread title that I read all wrong.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.