Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too high CL as AU?

tag
sambam94
Established Member

Too high CL as AU?

I have my 18 year old son as an AU on 5 of my cards to establish come credit. The total is about $100k.

He has been able to get approved recently for Chase Freedom($2.5k) and AMEX BCE($2k) and USAA($500). At this point, should I take him off as an AU on all my cards?..Will this hurt is score by

decreasing his AAoA?  Will having a high CL as an AU on my cards limit his ability for future cards or CLI on his cards?  He is an AU user on my AMEX BCP, is there any reason to keep him as AU since he know has his on AMEX card?

What would you recommend??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Too high CL as AU?

Just keep him on it. It won't harm you or him in any way as long as he doesn't go on a spending spree with your cards Smiley Tongue
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
sambam94
Established Member

any more opinions??

Message 3 of 4
fdiggy
New Contributor

If the cards have decent lines the utilization would be helping his score.

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.