Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too much credit denial

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Too much credit denial

Some people have been denied for having too much available credit. For people this has occured to, was it for having too much credit with the particular lender your trying to get additional credit from or for having too much available credit from all your different lenders combined? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Too much credit denial

From my experience in the past its usually just from that lender. What lender/bank told you that?

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 2 of 3
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Too much credit denial

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

From my experience in the past its usually just from that lender. What lender/bank told you that?

I wasn't denied for that reason, but was just curious in terms of planning out future apps and issues that can arise. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.