Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took the Freedom/BCP/CSP Plunge...

tag
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Took the Freedom/BCP/CSP Plunge...

...and didn't sink!

Yes another Freedom/CSP/BCP post. Sorry but this may benefit someone else.

This is an UPDATE to a previous thread inquiring about what order I should apply for these cards. I applied online for the Freedom on yesterday and the BCP a few hours later. I was instantly approved for both.

Freedom $6K
BCP $8.5K

Chase pulled TU and EX. AMEX pulled EX only. My UTIL was at 12% across a couple of cards. Prior to applying, I checked my FICO scores. TU was 775. EQ 699. Both lowered by UTIL.

Today, after searching for and reading many of the "CSP Recon" stories on this forum today, I realized I was a pretty ideal candidate (in my humble opinion) for this card and if I needed to recon, I would have a pretty good chance of success. So I bit the bullet and applied. I was instantly approved for $9K!!! Are you kidding me?!! Whoo Hoo!!

By the way, my 11 year old lien remains unpaid. I thought I could pay the state directly but found out the state sold it to a CA and the lien is no longer $576 but $875+. I've had other priorities/obligations but intend to move this debt to the top of the list again.

Thanks to all of you for your advice/tips/ suggestions. This forum is addictive and definitely gave me the courage and equipped me with the knowledge to move forward with improving my credit. I've been enlightened, entertained, encouraged and inspired by your posts. Oh and let me add 'highly DISAPPOINTED' when I've read ALL the posts/threads in the credit card, rebuilding, general credit and even smorgasBoard forums and there aren't any new posts to read! Sooo, I'm forced to wait all of three minutes for someone to share a new story or ask for advice. Lol. How frustrating!

Much success to all.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Took the Freedom/BCP/CSP Plunge...

Grats on the approvals!

Nice limits to start as well Smiley Happy

Are these your 1st accounts with Chase and American Express?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 19
mcf
Contributor

AWESOME! congrats!

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 19
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Enharu, yes!! Thanks! Also a special thanks to you for simply asking me in a prior post if I needed an Amex charge. I was considering applying for one to get my "foot in the door" with Amex. Your question led me to stop and rethink my game plan, garden a bit more and apply for what really worked for me.

Message 4 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Wooo Hooo a big congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

You're welcome. I'm glad I managed to help out.

Did you call Chase to have your cards expedited?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 19
shanac
Frequent Contributor

I did for the Freedom but haven't for CSP yet. Will do now!

I was an AU on my mom's Amex in 1999. The card was included in her bankruptcy in 2002. Is it worth asking about backdating?

Message 7 of 19
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone! Just called to have the CSP expedited. Now time to start researching the best ways to maximize and use my points between Freedom and CSP.

Message 8 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

Most people would tell you to transfer freedom points to CSP, and then transfer UR points to the partners. You can easily get >3 cents per point if you redeem for international airfare, economy seats included. The best redemption value in most cases will be for business / first class international routes. For hotels it can vary a lot depending on where you are staying.

Message 9 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.