Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Rewards Visa by Comenity

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Total Rewards Visa by Comenity

Ok something strange happened, I origially applied in April and my score was low (around 630) so was declined I just applied Thursday again since my EQ score is now over 700 however this time they pulled Experian instead of EQ according to score watch got the 7-10 day message SMH, I was hoping they would pull EQ again as no inquires currently showing there (Not even the one from April on this card

I guess just going to wait and see what the letter says

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Re: Total Rewards Visa by Comenity

Sorry those 7-10 days cant be recon... just need to wait for the letter. ive seen people get approve after the letter.

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 2 of 10
dpechal
Regular Contributor

Good Luck!

***$25,500******$20,000******$20,000******$20,000******$15,000********NPSL****

Message 3 of 10
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Ok something strange happened, I origially applied in April and my score was low (around 630) so was declined I just applied Thursday again since my EQ score is now over 700 however this time they pulled Experian instead of EQ according to score watch got the 7-10 day message SMH, I was hoping they would pull EQ again as no inquires currently showing there (Not even the one from April on this card

how did you get the inquires to come off so fast?

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 4 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

I am not sure about the INQ maybe they are still there I just know I pull my report from USAA everyday and sometimes they fall off but I dont think we are suppose to talk about that

@shaun2009 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

how did you get the inquires to come off so fast?

Message 5 of 10
lithium78
Established Contributor

Comenity seems to be a very conservative lender.  I got the Total Rewards Visa and they tried to start me off with a $1500 CL.  I called and got that boosted to $2700, because otherwise the card would be useless to me.  Even still, it's my lowest limit and you can see my scores, so it's not like I am any sort of risk for lenders these days.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yup 7-10 days message is a common one with this card, there is still hope of an approval.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 10
jasonkm1
Regular Contributor

I just got the card back in June with a small credit line and tried the "luv button" about a week ago and they instantly bumped it up to $2750 from $2000. No hard pull, and I use the card pretty lightly, except for the first month where I charged $1000 so I could get the bonus.  This "luv button" thing is oddly addicting. I wonder if this is what addicted  gamblers feel when placing bets on a roulette wheel or something.

Message 8 of 10
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@jasonkm1 wrote:

I just got the card back in June with a small credit line and tried the "luv button" about a week ago and they instantly bumped it up to $2750 from $2000. No hard pull, and I use the card pretty lightly, except for the first month where I charged $1000 so I could get the bonus.  This "luv button" thing is oddly addicting. I wonder if this is what addicted  gamblers feel when placing bets on a roulette wheel or something.

i'm BETTING it is! lmao Smiley Very Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 9 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

@jasonkm1 wrote:

More like a Slot Machine LOLOL

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.