Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally on the Chase Blacklist! :(

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Totally on the Chase Blacklist! :(

History.... Chase CO years ago, should be falling off end of this year... Also had a BK last year that Chase was IIB.  So, for sh**s and giggles, I went to the Chase pre-qual cc site, plugged in all my info, and instantly a message popped up that read basically this...." We couldn't find any offers for you at this time, you may be opted out etc.....".   This is the only prequal cc site that gives me that message. All the others just say we can find any preapprovals offers at this time, but we recommend these cards to you".  Chase didn't recommend any and no pictures of CC's even showed on the screen,  just the message lol!!! I'm totally NOT surprised, they were burned badly. Might be 10 yrs before I get a freedom with a $300 CL. Oh well.... I have a better chance of getting Discover and Amex long before Chase. Never burned them everSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: Totally on the Chase Blacklist! :(

I always receive that message, and I have never burned them lol. And I was approved for the CSP and Ink Plus without a problem. 

Message 2 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Heyarronold..... Really?? Lol!! I thought it was just me! I mean, it propably is, and I'm for sure blacklisted due to my history with them.
Message 3 of 16
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Heyarronold..... Really??Lol!! I thought it was just me! I mean, itpropably is, and I'm for sure blacklisted due to my history with them.

Lol, yes. I also get that same message for BOA. I actually never get pre-qualified offers hahahah. 

So I just took the bullet, applied, and was approved. CSP was a bit over a year now, and the Ink Plus was this past April. 

You may be. But you'll never know until you try and apply again in the near future. ^_^

Message 4 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Probably wont happen for about 8-9 yrs, lol. I might try after my bk falls off reports. I actually have a much better chance at getting approved for Amex or discover with my bk still showing than chase right now. But I'm in the garden for the next 3-4 yrs. Smiley Sad lol
Message 5 of 16
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

I am sure it will happen again Smiley Happy

And wow, that is some dedication! Cheers to you. I am not applying for another credit card until Jan/2015 (<---- And I thought this was a bit long LOL.)

Message 6 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well, I'm in my rebuilding stages right now. The best thing for me to do is is garden, and let ALL inquiries age off reports (2 yrs from now)... And garden the cards I have. I will reassess at that time. But I will only be 3 yrs post bk when that happens, and that is still considered new.
Message 7 of 16
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Well, I'm in my rebuilding stages right now. The best thing for me to do is is garden, and let ALL inquiries age off reports (2 yrs from now)... And garden the cards I have. I will reassess at that time. But I will only be 3 yrs post bk when that happens, and that is still considered new.

Completely agree! And it will definitely pay off in the end Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Probably wont happen for about 8-9 yrs, lol. I might try after my bk falls off reports. I actually have a much better chance at getting approved for Amex or discover with my bk still showing than chase right now. But I'm in the garden for the next 3-4 yrs. Smiley Sad lol

Good Luck with that at least 16 years for me and a no go.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 16
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

A BK with Chase included is most likely going to result in not having a relationship with them again.  I know I have read of some people having success, but then others like coldnmn not.  There might be a slight chance if you end up getting a Checking account with them and establish a good relationship that they MAY approve you down the road but I've also heard that a banking relationship with them has no bearing on credit card approvals.  So I guess in the end, who knows, but I would think at this point you have a 100% chance of being told no.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.