Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toying With Barclays

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Toying With Barclays

I got my Barclays MC in November.  30 days later I got BCE.  I did not at that time know how sensitive Barclays was to additional TL's.  Question is, If my wife were to open a US Bank CASH+ account and AU me, do you think that showing up on my CR would spook Barclays?

Her credit smokes mine (always has) so no issues there.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Toying With Barclays

US Bank does not report AU's. Joint holders are reported though.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 13
jake619
Frequent Contributor

DOH!  There goes that planSmiley Surprised

I see the joint bit on the app now.  Apping as joint would ding us both with an INQ plus the TL right?

Message 3 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

DOH!  There goes that planSmiley Surprised

I see the joint bit on the app now.  Apping as joint would ding us both with an INQ plus the TL right?

Yes, but her apping and then adding you as an AU would not cause any problem for you (it would also do you no good).

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 13
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Barclays needs a "messin with Sasquatch" type of commercial Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I would say app jointly and not care how barclays reacts.

Message 6 of 13
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Yes, but her apping and then adding you as an AU would not cause any problem for you (it would also do you no good).

I'm confused, neither of us are US Bank account holders so their accounts are new to us.  I thought you said no AU's at USB and we'd have to go joint.  

I think the situation is she can app individually or joint with me but if not joint then the individual account can NOT have an AU.  To accomplish that would require the individual account become joint (assuming that's even possible after account creation).

I was trying to get her in with a better rewards card and have it available to me w/o the INQ (not just because of Barclays).  It seems not possible with USB.

So, can she app as individual and then convert it to joint with me after the Barclays cramps subside?  I'd like to say I don't care about Barclays but right now my only other Visa or MC is a low-end Cap1 I just refuse to use.  I'd hate to lose this one just for the opportunity to get in with USB.

Message 7 of 13
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Barclays needs a "messin with Sasquatch" type of commercial Smiley Wink

ROFLAMO!!  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 8 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

I'm confused, neither of us are US Bank account holders so their accounts are new to us.  I thought you said no AU's at USB and we'd have to go joint.  

I think the situation is she can app individually or joint with me but if not joint then the individual account can NOT have an AU.  To accomplish that would require the individual account become joint (assuming that's even possible after account creation).

I was trying to get her in with a better rewards card and have it available to me w/o the INQ (not just because of Barclays).  It seems not possible with USB.

So, can she app as individual and then convert it to joint with me after the Barclays cramps subside?  I'd like to say I don't care about Barclays but right now my only other Visa or MC is a low-end Cap1 I just refuse to use.  I'd hate to lose this one just for the opportunity to get in with USB.

I was saying that US Bank does not report AU's to the credit bureaus. So that will not effect your credit at all. When she adds you, she just needs to make it clear that you are an AU and not a joint account holder.

Message 9 of 13
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

He's asking if he can be added as an account holder later on and not get an inquiry in his report, I believe.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.