Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Cash Back

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking Cash Back

Hi,

I decided to start tracking my cash back, to see which cards are actually providing on-going value in a quantifiable way.  I don't use software to download transactions and don't want to spend a lot of time entering data manually.  I wanted to keep it fairly simple so I created a spreadsheet with two worksheets.  The first worksheet is for data entry.  I enter one row per credit card per month.  The data is easy to find on the statement, with the possible exception of Fees.  Fees are what the vendor charges for using a credit card (e.g tax payments).  Note that I'm not planning on tracking credit card fees for gas.  The second worksheet is a pivot table.  I figured I'd share in the event that someone finds it useful.  I just started using it so it may not be fully optimized.

Screenshot 2021-11-28 2.10.34 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-11-28 1.58.15 PM.png

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
GrabbedByTheGhoulies
Valued Member

Re: Tracking Cash Back

Impressive! I have a very similar spreadsheet that lists my monthly expenses. I have a dropdown menu for each expense that lets me pick between my cards to see how it affects my yearly cash back total. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.